Chapter Eighteen-Link

I couldn't sleep. I knew that the nightmares would come to me, and I didn't want to see anymore dreams about my daughter dying in my arms. I was also starving. I barely got any food. I was dehydrated. I barely got any water.

But I couldn't give up. My daughter's life depended on me. I had to protect her from Ganondorf, which meant that I had to escape.

I prayed that Midna found her. That she was safe. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. How long had I been in the dungeon?

I lost track of time a while ago. I didn't have a clock, and their were no clocks in a prison cell. Why was this happening? This had to be a dream! I curled up on the ground and clamped my eyes shut.

I was weak. If I were here when I was seventeen years old, I would have found a way to escape in five seconds. I would escape the dungeon, killing everything in my path. I sighed and balled my hands into fists. I was weak. Weak. Coward. I wasn't the person I used to be.

"Get up" said a voice. I lightly gasped and looked up. A figure stood in my cell, but I couldn't see who it was. I winced, but I still couldn't see. "You heard me, get up!" He said. Reluctantly, I stood up.

I hadn't heard anyone walk in, so who was he? And how was he here? "Your a coward, Link. Nineteen years ago, you would have been out of here in less than a minute" he said. "Who are you?!" I demanded. He sighed. "Link, you have lost the hidden skills I have given you" he said.

I lightly gasped. It was the man who trained me nineteen years ago! Suddenly, the door to my cell opened, and a sword and shield appeared in my hand. Then, I felt something transform around me. I was clothed in the green tunic that I used to ware.

"Go to the sacred realm in the Faron Woods, Link. You will find your daughter and your wife there" he said. I nodded. He disappeared.

I ran out of the dungeon. I didn't run into any guards in the hallways. I jumped off of a small balcony and ran far away from the castle.

I felt invincible. Nothing can stop me.