Who

After the meeting with Eros, Silver walked out of the building with an unhappy expression on his face. Sure, on one hand he was pleased to know that Eros lives up to his name but on the other hand, he's a bit pissed off by how easily he was rejected.

He still had a hard time believing that nothing he offered, appealed to the man. The leader can't believe he spent hours digging around for that information just for it to be pushed aside so easily.

A phone call to his cell broke Silver from his thoughts and he answered the phone without checking the ID.

"What" Silver spat out and the voice from the other line hesitated before speaking.

"Uh...you alright?" they asked.

"No, I'm annoyed right now" Silver grumbled as he dug around in his pocket for his pack of cigarettes.

"It didn't go well?"

"He said I did a piss poor job of selling him. Cared so little for it that he said he'll have his answer by tomorrow. Bastard's gonna say no without even thinking about it" Silver said as he took a stick and held it between his lips.

"Well you can still find something that will convince him"

"Why should I? This whole alliance crap is stupid, I shouldn't have listened to you. We're fine on our own" Silver grumbled as he lit his cigarette.

"We are not and you know that"

"..." Silver knew the man was right so he just opted for taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Suck up the attitude, okay? Your less pleasant side is showing"

"Screw you. Don't wait up, I'm gonna stay out for a smoke" Silver said before hanging up the phone and stuffing it back in his pocket.

As he walked, Silver's mind was only on the topic of the alliance.

Silver knew he needed something, and he needed to think fast. He figured he'd just have to review what he already had one more time just to be sure that there wasn't anything he was missing.

"Hey!"

Silver's eyes widened and his cigarette fell from his lips as his body was lurched backwards and into the arms of someone. In that next second, a train passed through at an incredible speed and Silver could only stay frozen for a moment.

When he finally snapped out of his daze, he looked to see who his savior was and it was another man that was looking at him with confusion and worry.

"Are you some kind of idiot? Why would you just walk in front of a—" the man stopped talking as a light gasp left their lips as if suddenly realizing something.

"Please tell me you weren't trying to kill yourself" the man asked and that's when Silver finally decided to give some reaction.

"No...I wasn't" Silver drawled and the man put a hand to his heart and let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god" the man muttered.

The man had black hair that curled around his ears perfectly and those green eyes that had been staring at him not too long ago were now shut as the man tried to regain his cool. He was much shorter than Silver but that was never surprising to him so he was really only looking at the top of the guy's head.

"Did you really think I was gonna off myself?" Silver asked.

"W-Well, I didn't know what to think! You just kept walking and I panicked" the man stuttered out, his expression all over the place and Silver gave a lazy grin.