Chapter1

My family is one of the wealthiest in the country, number two in the world. Everything I need is here. Although I feel lonely sometimes, as my parents continue to travel, I shrug and move forward. It's not about me being the strongest. But, the things I've been through in my life have allowed me to enjoy every minute of my life and never worry about it later.

My motto is, "Take advantage of your present. Don't worry about the future." Again, that doesn't mean I have lot of friends. I have few friends and I am one of the shy girls who does not speak to everyone except in my closed circle. And with my close friends, I go crazy. I do everything for 'em.

Here I am – My name is Caroline Ann Davies and my preference is for everyone to call me Carol.

It was a very long day yesterday – I had a party with my friends, so I'm sleeping in bed. I heard my mother screaming downstairs, "Carol, can you get up out of bed or you'll face the consequences."

I'm glad I designed the room myself. Yes, no one can enter my room as I have set a password lock – The door will open with either the password I have set or with my fingerprint.  No one can have my fingerprint, but my password – Hell, yes – she is coming today here.

Before I start thinking of the devil, here she is. My cousin – Jacintha (Jaci) is in my room . She's my best friend and also my cousin and she knows everything about me -- not everything -- most of the stuff about me.

"Get out of your bed, lazy head," she shouted at me.

"Why have you come into my room? Get out! I have to change my password quickly." I muttered.

“Out.. Now... your mother's been screaming for the last hour and you haven't opened your door. Seriously, Carol?" - She knows how to get some results from me.

I turned myself in to her, "Okay, I'll get ready, but why do they ask me to get ready now? It's only 9:00 a.m.".

"Forgot about the day, shortie?" she made fun of me. She knows I get mad when I'm called this.

"Never call me that?" I answered. But she loved teasing my name.

"OK, that's enough. Happy Birthday Dolly"—she smiled at me. Dolly is one more nickname she keeps giving me.

"Thank you Jaci," I replied and started fetching my dresses from my closet. To be honest, I never celebrate my birthday, but it has become a tradition where my mom and dad take me outside for every birthday. They call it as a ‘birthday date’. Yes, birthday date with my mom and dad.

"Aren't you happy?" Jaci frowned at me. " No, it's just... the days go by quickly. By the way, can you join me as well?" I asked her.

“Nope, that is the only time you spend with your parents and I do not want to disturb that and also, I am going out with your brother”, she responded back.

Now, the one thing that I hate was though she is my best friend (me being too possessive on her sometimes), she tries to balance the relationship she has with me and my brother Jordan. She tries to treat us the same as most of the fight between me and my brother revolves around her.

I cried, "Today is my birthday and you want to spend time with that idiot".

"This whole day's on you. I will be back when you are back from your ‘birthday date’ with your parents. Then we'll go anywhere you want. Deal," she's grinning.

I can't argue with that woman. I just nodded. "Now go and bathe and be prepared." I love you," she told me and went to my brother's room.

My heart felt heavy as it missed her warmth. I don't understand why it happens every time she walks out on me.

Okay, back to my mantra. No worries. Today is going to be an amazing day. I smiled and went and prepared myself.

*****To be Continued*******