Chapter 28!

Jaci’s POV:

Apparently Carol had a narrow circle of friends she trusted. I had a small conversation with Béatrice, the lawyer and she was so happy to help me with any questions. Then friends of hers, Grace and Roger came to visit. I haven't spoken much with them 'cause I know they're a bunch of nerds that are popular in college, but they were cool. They supported me a lot and they agreed to help me with the activities related to the company. I didn't know they worked for Carol, and now obviously they'd like to work with me, because that's the one Carol would want.

It's been a long day and they all left after having a chat with me. I wish I was a part of that group in college. I was part of a popular group which had Jordan and his friends, who unlike Carol and her friends, they were involved in partying. But, they were all friends with us just for our status and that wasn't real friendship. I blew my breath, and I missed Carol.

As usual, I took one of her sweatshirt and pants and took a bath before wearing it and went to my bed. Tomorrow, I need to be in office at 10 and Mr. Davies said they have some important meeting. I watched the ceiling with tears in my eyes and I don't know when I slept.

I awoke when I heard somebody ring my bell. I was wondering who might show up. It was only 8:00 this morning. I just opened the door to see no one to be found but there lied a bouquet of Daisy flowers. I love Daisy and it had a note – “Good luck on your first day”. I wasn't sure who sent it, but it made me smile when I remembered that Carol brought me flowers every day to make me smile.

I went to take my bath and prepare for the office. I made the sandwich and ate it. I miss her cooking.  When it was 9 o clock, someone knocked my door again. When I opened a door, I saw a person with well build muscles dressed professionally and giving me a wide smile.

"Good morning, I'm Christian - Carol's bodyguard and her friend," he says. Didn't see him anywhere near Carol.

"Hello, but I never saw you with Carol," I hesitated.

“I just go with her when she visits outside of the city and we just hangout other days as friends with Grace, Roger and Beatrice”, he gave me a warm smile.

"But, why did you come now", I interrogated him.

"Beatrice asked me to always be with you," he said and kept going, "Drive is ready".

I shook my head and said, "Let me take my files" and went inside to grab my bag and ran outside to the car. He laughed and when I lifted my eyebrow he said, "You're the same as Carol described."

Mentioning her name got a lump in my throat and I saw through the window as I was driving. After a couple of seconds, I began a conversation, "When did you come to my house today in the morning?".

He replied, “By 9 Mam”.

"Please call me Jaci and someone dropped Daisy flowers at the door for me today," I said with anxiety.

I saw him smiling and he said, “I will take care Jaci”.

I've been wondering if he knows who sent me the flowers. When I went into the office, it was a hectic day and when I got home, I noticed something different.

Somebody came here is the first thought that came to mind when somebody caught me from behind.