Chapter 8!

Jaci’s POV:

Jordan was behind me when I went after an ambulance. There was no reaction in his face. Dammit. It is his sister. Why isn't he even showing any sadness in his eyes? I asked him to get into the car but he ignored saying, he has some important work. I wonder what work is important to him when his sister is taken by ambulance. This is no time to think about this stuff. I wanted to check on Carol. I drove my car to the hospital and run towards the reception to get details on her room. When I was looking for details, I saw a man in a white coat talking to Carol's parents.

I guess he should be a doctor. When I came up to them, I heard them talking. I don't want to bother them, so I stepped aside to figure out what he means.

“What happened to her Martin? Is she OK?" Carol's father asked him. Sounds like they know each other, the way he talks to him.

"James, she has no injury." There's only one cut to the lower jaw. The doctors put up sutures. She should be alright,' he said. He's a doctor, right? She literally fell down and didn’t get up, but here he is saying nothing to worry.

"But,...." He was trying to say something. She went through another panic attack. This one is so serious. That's why she fell apart." He watched his parents worry. What? One panic attack and it happens again? When did she experience these attacks before.

“Martin, you have been treating her for 2 years and you are telling me this?”, her dad yelled at him. My mind is exhausted. She's been under treatment for two years. For what? I don't think I've ever seen her go to a doctor. I'm her best friend, but I'm unaware of her pain. What am I?

"She has had recent panic attacks. Should be about a month ago. She said she had an argument with her friend and that she had not spoken. But the following month, she was still a happy girl and she assured me she was okay," he said. I thought about it. The fight with me. What have I done?

“James, there's something else that we need to take care of,' he looked at them.

"What's wrong, Martin?"

"This panic attack was severe, which meant she was so overwhelmed in her mind. You know, when she gets upset...", he gave up.

"No, no, no, I can't lose her again," her mother cried. To lose her again? Something's gone wrong before. I know I did not see her for 3 or 4 years while she was in another state for her scholarship and studies. That's what they said.

“We have to be careful... not to let her again... not to drink and drugs. Even a drop or pill can put her back into her old routine. It might be hard to get her back. I have to go now. I will come and visit again," he said and departed.

My whole world crushed. Carol Ann Davies - What has happened to you in the past?