Chapter 9!

Jaci! How long have you been here?" Carol's father asked me after he realized, I'm behind them, "Did you hear it all?" he asked a few questions.

“Yes uncle. What's all this about? How come Carol has panic attacks? Can somebody explain to me?" I couldn't control myself right now. I shouted to them.

His mum gave me a hug. “We do not know Jaci. We're just shattered inside to see our girl like this. We left her two years ago with her brother and travelled, but when we returned, she changed her attitude. You know how sparkling she was before. Then she started taking drugs, booze, and we need to send her to therapy. Martin is her doctor. He was very helpful in getting her out. Only he knows what happened to her and no one else knows it." she cried. I could only shed tears with her.

Took a week for Carol to get out of that hospital. I noted that she started avoiding me. Though I was still in the hospital next to her, she'll treat me like I'm not in her room. I do not want to create a scene.

Once at home, I helped her to her room, kissed her forehead, which she did not like. I told her I would go to my house and come back.  I left Carol's house and went home, refreshed myself, took some clothes and went back to her house. I tried entering her room…

Bleep, bleep, bleep... that didn't work. SHE CHANGED HER PASSCODE. Dammit, Carol. What's on your mind. I was banging the door, but it didn't open. I was there for an hour and I phoned my uncle.

“Uncle, Carol wouldn't let me in her bedroom. Can I stay in the guest room?" I asked him, though I wanted to go home, but my heart asked me to stay there.

He said yes and asked me to get the key from Jordan that I got from him. To my great surprise, he made me enter the guest room and kissed me too. Unfortunately, Carol has also seen this. Busted.

I agreed to be girl friend of Jordan but I am not loving him. I tried doing it. But, I cannot see him beyond my friend. I ignore it when I tell myself that I can love it in the future. But what makes me feel uncomfortable when Carol sees me.

I tried running after her, but she went into her room and slammed the door.

Carol started going to therapy twice a week at Martin's and she doesn't talk to me. Her father gives me the details so I know what's going on with her.

And then one day my uncle called me. "Jaci... this is urgent." My wife and I have to be in London tomorrow and it would take months for us to get back. It's about expanding our business, and we can't help it. Can you please look after Carol?" he asked me.

“What? Take care of her? Uncle.. She does not talk to me. She never even looks at me. How can I?”, I started blabbering.
"Please, Jaci... I don't trust anybody. We got permission from her school to keep her in the house for two months. But somebody should be watching her. Please do it for us”, he pleaded.

“Uncle, I'm doing this because she's my best friend and I care about her," I'll sigh.  "Thank you very much, Jaci," he hung up his phone.

What am I supposed to do about her? Busted again