Chapter 25!

Jaci’s POV

I hold my hand to Carol everywhere she goes. She doesn't mind me holding her hand, perhaps she's happy to see her showing our love in public.

When Carol's parents came home, we were invited to the biggest business gathering where all the business partners of their company would be there. As Carol has been involved in most of the business activities, she is being asked to be there but I was not sure, why I was invited and to piss me off, my parents were there.

It’s not like I do not love them but they always try to hook me up with Jordan which eventually worked but now we have split, I do not want to hear any advice from them. They hate Carol for no reason at all. Each time they see her, they make sarcastic comments which hurt her and she always avoids seeing my parents, even if they are related to her.

While I was having a few drinks, I got pulled over by Mom, "Mom, what the hell? Why did you pull me out like that?" I screamed at her.

"Why do you insist on being with her?" You can be with Jordan there." She showed an angry face towards Carol.

“Mom, you know, me and Jordan are done and please do not hook me with that person”, I tried moving away from her towards Carol but stopped by my dad, “Jaci, don’t you dare to go to her now”.

I didn’t mind them but when I was about to step out to her, Carol’s dad grabbed the mic and cleared the throat and everyone had their attention over him.

“I am very happy to see you all here as this would also be an happiest occasion for our family as have  an important announcement to make” he said in an excitement. While I was thinking what would it be, he called me to the stage and to my surprise Jordan was standing there, “We are hereby to announce the wedding of my son Jordan Davis and this beautiful girl Jacintha brooks”.

I was shocked to hear it and my eyes turned to Carol who is also shocked like me and I saw tears flowing down her eyes. She ran out and I tried to call her back, but she left before I could take her.

Her father came to me with her mother and asked, "What happened? What does she have to run away for?

"You ruined everything..." I couldn't control my anger. My father approached me and said, "Young lady, be careful with your tone"

“Don’t ever try to…. I'm just upset with you all", I started crying.

Her mother approached me and tried to embrace me, "What happened?" she asked in a worried voice.

I didn’t let her  hug me, “Why do you have to announce that?”, they were all confused and then Carol’s dad broke the silence, “That one… are you not happy….Jordan said that you are both in love and we decided to give you a surprise”.

You could have asked me first... I am not in love with your son who is a slut sleeping with everyone whom he sees….”, her parents were shocked hearing it and I turned towards them, “and how can you do that to your daughter when you know your son is the one who crashed her life….”, I couldn’t stop crying.

"I had no understanding of Jaci." So, you're not in love with Jordan," said her mother again..

“I was, but before he cheated on me.. he used me like shit and I broke all ties with him when I learnt what he did to Carol”, I couldn’t find Jordan over there. He should have run off.
We are sorry Jaci but why Carol should be running off….”, her dad questioned me.
"You still fail to understand your daughter." Don't you? It's because we're in love. I love your daughter, not your son," I said.

"You can't love that girl," my dad yelled at me.

"Dare to stand in my way ? I am not under age and I can make my own decision. I'm a grad student. Grow up dad…”, I said and went outside to search for my girlfriend.

Where is she?