chapter 30!

Carol’s POV:

“Carol….”, she froze seeing me.

"Baby, breathe for me...." I gently stroked her cheeks. I missed her. I missed this touch.

Once she kept her breath, her face showed so much emotion and suddenly she went mad with anger.

“What the hell is happening? You disappeared and then we found you dead and now I see you alive. One month.. One month Carol.. I've been through a lot without you. do you think this is all a game?” she busted out.

I can relate to that. I didn’t inform her that I was alive. I should have told her so she could relax, but they've been watching us. It was my only choice.

"Baby... please", I pulled her and folded her face.

"I was like a zombie Carol... I haven't had much sleep. All I could think was you and you alone... but... tears began to fall into her eyes.

I curled her face and gently kissed her on her lips. She did not hesitate to return the favour immediately. When we left our lips to breathe, she said, "I miss you... a life without you is hell".

“I missed you too baby.. a lot”, I admitted.

"Would you tell me what's going on?" she asked me out of curiosity.

Christian intervened, "Carol, we are being watched. Maybe you need to leave.

"She goes nowhere." "I cannot leave her alone, even for a second," cried Jaci, and who is watching us?" she asked me a question.

Babe, I haven't got time to explain. But, one thing I can assure you is that we will meet soon where I can tell you everything. Now I must leave. It is for your safety”,  I pecked her lips.

She seemed confused about it. I know this is a lot for her. But I must stay hidden a few days longer.

"Christian, take her to the cabin this Friday so she can see what's going on," I told Christian, and he nodded. I trust my friends so much, that they will do anything for me.

"Beatrice, Grace and Roger, can you hang out with Jaci? I do not want anything to happen to her", I told them. Although they are nerds, we are well-trained fighters and gunmen. They nodded their heads.

"Babe, I'm off now." But I shall see you soon. In the meantime, please take care." I kissed her again, put the helmet on my face and walked away. I know everyone's watching Jaci's move. They found out she is living here and I snooped in yesterday when she was in office to fix the cameras and security controls all over the house. But I did not think that she would come soon. That'll be over soon... the sooner the better.

Jaci’s POV:

Carol's still out there. My Carol is alive. I kept laughing to myself.His friends gave me a smile..
"Beatrice…”, I called her for which she hummed with a response.

"Can someone tell me what it is?" I asked her.

"No, sweetheart, it would be better if it was from Carol... 'We called her here because we couldn't see your condition,' she answered calmly. Yes, I walked like a dead without any emotion without her.

“I can see someone showing all their teeth”, Roger teased me.

“I am happy.. so much happy. My shorty is alive.”, I laughed.

I showed them the bedrooms and went to sleep. I was at peace today and slept happy.