Chapter 33!

Jaci’s POV(Contd):

Taylor walked up to Carol's dad and said, "Mr. Davies, do you know Rachel Stewart?".

Hearing this name he stretched himself, so many emotions running across his face and he opened his mouth, "Yes"

She responded, "How?".

He said, "She was my girlfriend back in college". That was news to me, I suppose even to Carol's mother seeing her face.

"When did you last see her?" that's Dan.

“Should be 20 years back… to be exact on the day when Carol was born”, he sighed and continued, “I got a call that Joanna (Carol’s mom) was admitted in hospital as her water broke. I was in a rush to get off the desk. That's when she came into my office, literally forcing her all over me. I pushed her and told her not to approach me. I didn’t meet her then. But what's this got to do with this case. Is the one who killed my daughter?”,  a tear escaped from his eyes.

"We'll get there, Mr. Davies. What made you break up with her? asked Taylor.

"I was under the impression that she loved me." But I did see her cheat on so many people. She was just using me for money and she was a manipulator. The day she came to my office, she begged me for three million." She turned to Joanna and said, "Sorry honey for hiding that. 'I never cheated on you'.

Joanna rose from the chair. I thought she was going to stomp away from the place but she went near him and held his hands and said, “I trust you” and they smiled at each other. I've always seen true love between them, not like my parents always quarrelling.

Dan then brought documents from his office and provided them to Mr. Davies for his review. His eyes widened seeing him. When I took his report, I was shocked. I assume this is what Carol has highlighted. There was a transfer of money to some other account that said Guy Edward Stewart.

"How is it possible?" And how could this have slipped away from our finance team?" he asked Dan.

“Money can but some people Mr. Davies”, he smirked. I figured out what he meant.Few have helped cover this up.. That's why Carol never trusted anyone at her own office.

"Can't you see the name sounded familiar?" Taylor said.  It was then that we realized that Rachel had the same family name.

"Does it mean?" I opened my eyes.

"Yes, he's Rachel's brother," she says.

"But why?" Joanna mumbled.

Mr. Brooks, would you like to explain?" Taylor was standing next to my dad. What? Why my dad involved here? Did he have anything to do with this?

He gulped. "I'm not sure why I'm being interrogated?" he denied explaining.

Dan came up with a picture and seeing it, Mr. Davies was shocked and he turned to my father and said, "Why are you with Rachel in this picture?".  Seeing this picture made me realize Rachel and my dad were alike. How do they connect.

“"We got the details of your old house Mr. Edward Stewart," hear Taylor say, my dad was trying to stay calm, but he couldn't.
"You cannot deny anything, Mr. Stewart. We have all the details", Dan smiled.

'This guy... is my sister's cause of death. The day she met him, she needed urgent cash because she got it as debt from one of the biggest gang leaders in the mafia. But she was unable to pay. So,She was abused by him and killed., I wanted to take revenge by taking all the money from them. I got his sister to fall for me. Waited for the chance, created a sibling rivalry. Jordan was more easily handled than Carol. Carol was smart, clever and can think rationally. But Jordan is a dumb-ass.”, he laughed and it was a shock for me and my mom. We've been waiting for it to go on.

The only challenge we had was getting Carol out of the business because she was able to find out what was going on in the office. So I triggered Jordan to go against her and that worked. But not always. She found out somebody was stealing the money and with her geeky friends sitting here, she got the name. She started rejecting drugs because my so-called daughter helped her so much.  I thought of another plan. I tried to break the relationship between Carol and Jacintha... which pushed me to convince everyone to announce the wedding.  We were waiting for a chance to kidnap Carol and when she ran away that day, my men kept her in captivity," he laughed.

I assumed that Jordan was linked to the kidnapping, but this is...

“We didn’t plan to kill her soon but… we wanted to get her shares and then I wanted to kill her as my sister died. Being raped, killed and thrown into the streets", I can no longer hear, I clenched my fist and went near him and punched him.

He just smileed at me. That bastard. Shame to call him my father now. And I said to Jordan, "You ought to be ashamed of yourself". He has his head down.

Mr and Mrs. Davies were crying and Mr. Davies was in a verge to hit my dad… scratch that… Mr. Stewart….

“You killed my daughter”, he bursted.

"Yes, she did not cooperate." She struggled until the last minute," he laughs.

Taylor pressed the button on the table and said, "You may enter now".

There came my girl with smile at her face.

"Thank you so much Taylor", she kissed her I cheek. What? I raised my eyebrows because she never even tried to approach me. She smiled at me and came up to me giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Carol...." Her mom came over and hugged her.

“Hi there mom…..”, she laughed and said, “I am not able to breathe”. Her father froze but within minutes, he came and kissed her too.

"How did you come to be alive?" said Mr. Stewart.

"Hello to you too... ", she smiles at him, "not everyone can be brought with money Mr. Stewart". In a few minutes, I saw somebody coming into the room.

“Daniel… you betrayed me?”,  he tried punching him but was caught by Dan.

“I didn’t betray. I remained faithful to my friend." He embraced Carol.

“Thank you so much Daniel.. for everything.”, now everyone were surprised and was waiting for Carol to speak.

“Daniel here is one of my good friend and unfortunately Mr. Stewart has hired him to kill me after knowing that, I found every detail for him. But, since we didn’t get much evidence from him, we have to fake my death for which Taylor helped and we worked in getting the evidences against him when everyone were thinking that, police was working on finding the one who killed me”, she shrugged.

That was short. I am so proud of my girl. My mother went to hit Mr. Stewart and I could not hide my smile when I saw him and she came and took me in her arms, "Sorry, dear. He convinced me that you liked Jordan". I hugged her back.

"Mr. Stewart, you're under arrest," Taylor said and went on, "So are you, Jordan, for what you did to Carol."

All right, that's it. I kissed my girlfriend like she was my lifeline and I wouldn't let her go.