Chapter 18!

Jaci’s POV

I was exhausted when we came in to Carol's. Two weeks of not getting any sleep made me so tired.

So, as soon as I went into the living room, I lied on the sofa and my eyes started closing off but my ears were all open to what Carol was saying.

“I can’t avoid you because I’m so madly in love with you, but this is for good”, her whisper went through my ears and hit my mind. Then I felt her kissing on my forehead and I felt as if in paradise.

When she left for her room, I got up and walked into the guest room. Although, I would love to sleep with her, it might be for good to give her some space. I looked in the ceiling and I pondered what she said. Why it's a good idea for her to avoid me. Is she afraid of me hurting her again? So many questions started to haunt me until I heard thunder and when I looked out the windows, it began to rain heavily.

In a few minutes, there was a power outage caused by the storm. "Great...." I was mumbling inside myself.

Then I remembered, recently Carol is afraid of darkness and yes, she is also afraid of thunder. I still don't understand how a boxer can fear darkness and thunder. I took my phone and put the flash on and went to Carol's room.

"Carol..." I stayed outside her room and waited for her to answer.

"Carol..." I knocked on her door, "Shall I come inside?" I didn't get an answer.  Then I heard a scream and it blew me away.

“Shit… Carol.. I am coming in”, I opened the door and went it to see Carol curled up at the corner of the room with hands on her head and she was having a panic attack.

"Don't touch me... please..." I heard the scream.

“Hey… it’s alright… I am here for you”, I slowly went near her and kneeled down before her and tried touching her arms but she swayed it away and started screaming, “Please… don’t touch me….. I want to go out...", she can't breathe and it's getting worse.

“Jordan.. please open the door”, she cried and then it hit me. I slowly wrapped my hands around her and muttered in her ears, "I am Jaci, your friend. I'm not leaving you... all right," she nodded. That is good.

I took her hands, placed them on my chest and watched her: Breathe with me... In…. After a few minutes, her breathing stabilized. I dragged her up, took her to bed and made her go to bed. I tried to find out if the inverter was working. But she held my hands and begged me, "Please don't leave me alone."

“I will be back in a minute dear.. I'll just turn on the UPS and come back," I explained to her, but her grip on my shirt got tighter.

"You may come along." We can both turn on the UPS and come back," I said, "Is that okay?" However, she nodded "No".

So, I went in the covers with her and held her. I heard her sobbing on my chest and within a few minutes, I felt that she had slept on my chest. I tried to get up without waking her, so I could turn on the inverter, but her hold was stronger on me like I was her life line.

I went to bed with her, and then our childhood days made my memories. I remember when myself, Jordan and Carol had a bet when we were younger, to go out at midnight while it was raining heavily and there was a thunder and we had a power cut. Carol's the only one who got out and returned. She was one brave child. But now? I watched my beautiful friend and the moonlight was reflected on her face, which gave her shine. I stroked her cheek and said, "I love you" and I kissed her temple.

But at the same time, it was painful to see her like that. I knew her as a charming, brave girl who would do anything to prove her worth. But now she's entirely different. She is brainy and sportive but still there are so many things she is hiding which I want her to  expose to me so that I can take her pain away from her.

You think she'll let me?