Chapter 2!

It was so awkward sitting with my mom and dad listening to slow music that they arranged for me. Honestly, it was such a bore. This happens every one of my birthdays. Don't get the wrong impression. I love them, but it's something I don't enjoy. They just care about me on my birthday for a couple of hours won't change me.

It's over in a couple of hours. They said goodbye to me to carry on their work, mostly travelling to another part of the country. I reached the house to see Jaci who awaited me.

"There you are," she smiled on me. I saw my brother Jordan standing beside her giving a smirk at me. Because his birthday celebration would be different than mine - party, friends, relatives and what else - Jaci.

I sighed and came to my room. He hasn't even wished on me. I heard Jaci telling him, "You can wish her right. It's not a big deal. I don't know why you're like this." He just raised his hands and went to his rooms.

Jaci shouted: Those siblings and their war. God give me a hand, please. I laughed at her sentence. "Well, are you ready," she asked. "Where do I go?" I looked at her with a mixed face.

"Shortie, I promised you that we will go somewhere when you come. Now I'm all yours," she crawled onto my bed. Stay there and don't come close to me, Jaci, and I'm not in the mood to go out now. More than that, I'm tired," I tossed the pillow over her.

Every time she crawls onto my bed, she starts tickling me what I hate. She had the control over me.

"Come on, get ready," she commanded. "All right, give me 5 minutes, let me change," I replied back and I changed to skinny jeans and a white shirt that she got for me on my last birthday.

"Do you have a place to go or shall I take you somewhere?", I asked her. "As promised wherever you are," she gave a smile.

"Okay, I'll take you some place. But, you need to keep your mouth shut with my brother. If that is ok, we will go there else straight to a shop nearby", I was telling her driving my car.

"Wowie, so you have a secret place and you are gonna take me there", her eyes open wide, she replied  me with shock and continued, "and I promise I will not tell him anything."

"I believe you", I told her and the drive was silent then. It's an hour's drive and I enjoyed nature as I drove. I don't like talking while I'm driving and Jaci knows it because I'd like to see what Mother Nature gave us.

After a while, we arrived. I can see the shock in Jaci's face. "When did you have that," she screamed at me. It's a cottage near the lake and I got it with the money I saved while working for Dad's company during my holidays for the past two years as a Junior assistant. I told you, I'm the smartest girl in the whole family.

"It's been a year, come in", I opened the door. It was big and we lay down on the couch next to the open lake view. She took beverages out of the fridge and sat next to me. She took something out of her purse and hugged me and said, "Happy birthday Carol. I'm so happy to have you as a friend and to love you", she took the necklace she took from me that had engraved, "Love you shortie". I embraced her and thanked her.  But, the hug gave me a sparkle on me. Oh no, what is that bizarre feeling. 

****To be continued*****