Chapter 13!

Jaci’s POV

I couldn't stand with Jordan while my mind wandered around Carol. I told him I was tired and I went into my room. I couldn't fall asleep at night because I was still thinking about her. What happened to her 2 years ago? How does Jordan connect with her panic attack? Will she be having panic attacks? Oh no... why I ask myself so many questions while I have no answer.

But my mind couldn't stop thinking about the panic attack she had last night. I saw the time and it was 2 o'clock and I got up and my foot automatically took me to her room. I tried the lock-in code I changed. Good thing she hasn't changed it. I walked in and watched her sleep. So I stretched out on the couch. In a few minutes, I heard her shout. So, I went up to her and hugged her like yesterday that calmed her down. I just lied to her and kept track of the time. It was already 6 and without bothering her, I went back to my bedroom. This has become my regular habit now, peaking into her room at late night and staying with her and leaving her room before she finds me and kicks me out.

Today, I have to go back to school and after Betsie came to watch over Carol, I left for school in my car. When I pulled books out of my locker, I noticed Brandon was hiding from someone who was none other than Jordan. He's Jordan's BFF, but why is he hiding from him. What's the matter with this guy? I approached Brandon and pushed his arm to which he jumped. His eyes got wider and shocked and he tried to run away from me. But, before that, I grabbed his collar and pulled him to the tree in the ground where no one can see us.

“What the hell, Brandon? Why are you hiding from Jordan?" I looked up for an answer from him.

“He….. Nothing. I just want some alone time.

“Brandon, I know you're not telling the truth. You're going to tell me or I'm going to call the police", I know he's on drugs. That's the only way to get hold of him.

"He is angry with me." Then I want to hide in order to escape the beating,' he sighed.

“beating? Really Brandon... he is your best friend", I smiled.

“Best friend a couple of years ago. I am just staying with him as he blackmails me or gives me money to get my drugs”, he answered lowly.
“Does it have anything to do with carol? Because I have seen you sometime just keeping your eyes on her and sighing as if you are feeling bad for her”, I caught him so many time glaring at her.

“hmmm.. what… no… yes….”, he sluttered.

“Stick with the answer. You're going to tell me or I'm going to call someone," I forced him to say.

"I cannot say all, Jaci." But, the drugs Carol is getting is from Jordan. But she doesn't know it and he wants it under his control,' he replied, looking everywhere to confirm that nobody notices him.

“Why would he do such a thing? So what happened a couple of years ago? Answer me!" , I had my hands in his neck now that I'm so angry now for making Carol go through this.

It's because he wants to be the next boss of his father's business, but his father believes Carol is the best choice than him. Jaci, I can't tell you the whole story. He'll kill me if he finds out and stay out of his sight. It is good for you. He's not good and he's worse than you think." He tried to get out of my grip. But I'm not releasing him until I figure out my answer.

He sighs and surrenders. He started: Several years ago, Carol and Jordan both received a project from her father. This is some sort of test to prove who can do better to run the business. Carol, being the intellectual and intelligent, shot him on the side. They did their best and the project was well received by their client. So, he got upset, and he told us that he would do anything to get rid of his sister and take the company. This is money and power to him. When his parents were on a trip, we had a party at his house and his sister locked herself in the room because she never leaves the house. During that time….”, he stopped. I nodded my head to keep it going.

“When she went out to get water and went to her room, he asked his friends to follow her into her room and he locked it. They raped and abused her." I began to have redeyes when I heard that. "How many and where are you?" I yelled to him.

“No.. I didn't because I always think of her as my sister. Four of his friends did it. Later she locked herself in her room and that's when Jordan plotted the next devilish plan. He got a drug dealer and through some social media, he made him to connect with her and made her believe that it would ease her pain which lead to her drinking, drugs and even one night stands with some girls. I tried helping her indirectly but of no vain. But her parents discovered it and they forced her to go to rehab and she tried to get out clean. But now…. I heard she got back on drugs, so I confronted Jordan. So he beats the hell out of me. Please, just hang out with her. You got no idea how much she loves you. He came out of my hold and ran screaming, "and please don't tell anyone that I told you that"

That's a complete shock to me. Jordan made that happen to his own sister. How evil he would be? I'm ashamed to make him my boyfriend now.