Chapter 17!

Carol's POV
Finally, I came out of the hospital. I have been here many times over the last few months. I see Jaci packing up all my stuff and talking to the doctor about the details of the medicine I should get and about the next visit. She cares so much about me, but that's because I'm her best friend.  I can't take it any further. I sighed and stared at her. She looks so weary and I can see dark lines under her eyes. She doesn't eat properly, which is what her body shows.

After talking to the doctor, she came over with a smile on her face.
"You good?" She asked me.
"Yes," I said, waiting for my parents. I know she doesn't like one word answers from me but considering all things that happened,  I do not want to break my heart again.

"What is going on in that mind" , she poked me on my cheek. She gets me all right.

"Anything you shouldn't know," the response I gave her hurt her. It's in her eyes.

"Carol.. Can we...", before she finished the sentence, we got cut off by her father.

"Ready?" he asked, and we nodded. He left us at my place and stayed there for a couple of hours, my parents left.

Being alone with Jaci, is awkward.

"Hum... I will shower and sleep... you can sleep in the other room", I broke the silence, but I got no response but a slight snoring. She's slept in the sofa. She must be so tired. I knelt in front of her and caressed her cheek, "I can't avoid you because I'm so madly in love with you, but this is for good". I kissed her forehead and went to my room to shower.