Chapter 19!

Carol’s POV

"I love you," those words resounded in my ears. She said she loved me, but we used to say that as friends. I didn't want to wake up. I was so at ease with her. I just held her shirt and slept peacefully. I wish I could sleep this way every day. But, will she wants to be with me after knowing about my nightmares, drugs, rape….  I simply want her to be happy.

I woke up when the sunshine felt on my face. I rubbed my eyes, then I remembered all that happened that night. I saw Jaci sleeping peacefully wrapping her arms around me. She looks pretty even in the morning without makeup. She is natural. It's still pouring down. I am happy that it is not thundering. I tried to remove her hands so I could go brush my teeth. But, she stirred in sleep when I did that and looked up and said in a hoarse voice, “How long have you been awake?”

“Just few minutes”, I replied her trying to take her hands off me. She was holding me tighter. When did she get stronger than I was.

She smiled and said, "Then you were watching me sleep like crazy".

“In your dreams. Now, leave me…. I want to pee," I pulled her hands out and I ran to the bathroom and I heard her laughing on the bed. I freshened up and came out only to watch her sleep again. I sighed and went to the kitchen to do something for us to eat.

After half an hour of cooking, I heard footsteps that were approaching. She hugged me from behind and asked in a seductive voice, which was enough to turn me on, "What did you do for breakfast?"

I pulled her hands off me and I answered, "pancakes". I know she's a big fan of pancakes. Her eyes grew wider and began to eat immediately. I smacked her hand and said, “Go sit in the table”

She obliged and I arranged the plates for us. Breakfast was silent and there was not much talk.

"It seems that the rain will not stop," she said, seeing through the window.

Yes, they gave a red alert and it is preferable to stay indoors. It’s good that we stocked ourselves with the needed things”, I said with a pride as Jaci was throwing tantrum when I stopped to get everything while we were coming from hospital.

"hmmm...." is the only reply I got. Then there was a total silence.

“Carol….”, she trailed off… I didn’t reply but turned towards her and saw her in eyes.

"Please... can we break these walls between us?" I know I made some mistakes but it doesn't mean I have to lose my friend," I felt the pain in her voice.

"Whatever is broken is broken, Jaci." you cannot put all the pieces together", I see her frown when I say that.

“If I am the one who put the pieces together….”, I raised my eyebrow to know what she is talking, she continued, “Can you give me a chance Carol?”

“You're still my friend Jaci... nothing can change except... so relax", I tried to change the subject. I didn't want to go any further. I got up from the couch and started moving toward my room.

“not as your friend Carol... I want to be your love… beyond friends”,  When I heard the words from her, my legs stopped moving. I was feelin' weak.

The words are not coming from my throat. "Jaci... don't play with my heart." I didn't want to look at her. I am getting vulnerable.

I heard her footsteps coming towards me and she came in front of me and cupped my cheeks and started kissing my lips. It took a moment to figure out what was going on. I sensed the butterflies on my belly again. But if she hurts my feelings. But the kiss said it all, how much she loved me and I returned the favor. After a couple of minutes, we disconnected for breathing.

She lifted my chin, “Will Carol Ann Davis, my best friend, give me a chance to be her love, her girlfriend. I would do anything for you and I'm sorry it took me a while to realize that I love you. The day I watched you kiss Betsie, I felt jealous. I didn't feel the connection, the love with Jordan. But you make a difference. Will you allow me?

I just felt the tears running down my cheeks and she saw through my eyes awaiting my response. I simply nodded my head.

"Is it a yes?" she asked me.

“Yes," and I kissed her back. It would be the most beautiful day of my life.