Chapter 31!

Carol’s POV:

As insisted, Jaci was picked by Christian to reach the Cabin where I am staying. He confirmed that no one was following her as we had a plan which looked like Jaci is around Beatrice and we saw someone following them in a car and in between, Jaci spooked out and changed to the car which Christian had ready.

"Carol...", she ran up to me and embraced me. I missed my baby. I smiled at her childishness and took her to the cabin. Christian gave us privacy and he waited by car while we talked.

"I missed you," I told her, and I shoved her up against the wall and kissed her hard. I began kissing her jaw and went to her neck to find her weak spot.  My kisses deserved moans of her which excited me further and unable to control, I pulled her to my room. What looked like a simple kiss turned out to be a heated session leaving us completely naked in my bed now.

“Can you tell me now?”, her voice echoed in my ears.

“Where do it start?”, I looked into her eyes to see if she is ok.

"From the start, my dear", she kissed me on the lips, which gave me the courage to carry on.

“Few months before, when I was working on a big project which dad gave me, I found out that someone has been taking money from our company and also, our company has been losing contracts to the other company. I got my friends to check out who's behind this. As a hacker myself, I went digging deeply shocked to see who did that. They have been doing this for years.”, I continued looking into her eyes now swaying away, “When I found out who it is, they found out that they are being tracked and identified me. Since then, someone has started to follow me and they even came to our home. One day, when I went to my office to my cabin, I noticed that someone was there who had been checking my files. Later it became very frightening that I was followed everywhere by a sniper. I had no idea why they never shot me. They were waiting for a good moment," I saw tears in her eyes. I wiped hers, and continued.

“When Dad announced the wedding, I received anonymous messages saying they would hurt you. I was on the verge of anger and tried moving away from there and dad’s announcement added to it, so I left the place and when I opened my car door, someone has been waiting for me to open the car. I was blacked out and taken away. When I opened my eyes, I saw someone approaching me only to realize that it was my friend Daniel. He was a good Mafia friend," he said.

Jaci’s eyes widened and I laughed, “I had friends everywhere dear”, I pecked her lips and continued, “He offered to help me to fake my death so that we could get evidences against the people who are hiding in our company working for others”, I stopped to see her reaction.

"Who is that person?" she inquired. I couldn't say it now. This is not the moment. She's gonna break.

“I can't tell you at this point. I'll do it when the time comes," and said, "Do you trust me?"

“Of course…. I won't push you... I'm so happy to have you alive and I'm not going to lose you again... how long will you hide?" She questions me once again.

This time, I saw a concern in her eyes: «Not so long... We will be soon together”

A few hours we cuddled in our bed watching random movies and I got a call from Christian indicating that it's late for Jaci.

I cannot let her go, but I must protect her. I cannot even phone her as it is being tracked.

I gave her a big hug and saw her leaving with Christian. I went into my Cabin with the thoughts to end this sooner.