Chapter 16!

Jaci's POV

Carol's been in the hospital for two weeks and I never left her for a second. Her parents paid her a visit and asked me to come home and rest, but my mind would not accept. I felt guilty about everything that took place around Carol. She liked me, and I hurt her.

Whenever Carol wakes up, she avoids me and keeps seeing the ceiling as if she's lost everything. Her eyes were dull and no longer glowing. But she let me change her dress and give her food. I wish I could take all the pain out of her and watch her smile.

"Are you ready to go home, young lady?" Doctor walked into our room with a smile on his face.

“I wish I could go somewhere else”, she frowned. Why she thinks so. I'll be with her for all time. She means the world to me. What's on my mind? The new feeling... I enjoy it but at the same time, the pain it causes is more. I'm waiting for Carol to come home so that I can express my feelings, but from the way she's behaving, I'm not sure she'll accept it.

"Carol... how do you feel dear?", her mother came with excitement but seeing Carol without smiling left a sigh upon her. Who would want her child to be miserable?

Mom, is it all right if I stay away from home for a few days? I don't want to go," she hesitantly asked her mother. That look in her eyes killed me. She never spoke to me while I was in the hospital with her.

"I will not allow you...", the stern voice of her father came behind us, "You will stay home and I will find someone who can take care of you"

“Please dad…”, she begged and I came up with a proposal.

"Uncle, can I go with her to the place where she wants to go?" I asked begrudgingly.

I hear Carol screaming, No... not with her... I'm looking for peace"

I was blinded by her childlike demeanor. It doesn't affect me, but I sensed the pain in her eyes.

"I've made up my mind." Either you stay home or you go with Jaci to stay out for a few days," her father said.

“Okay," she looked out her window and said.

I didn't understand, "Okay for...", I followed the sentence.

“To go with you to my place”, she didn’t look at me still. I smiled listening to that.

“Good.. Jaci, can you please go home and pack your dresses and also dresses for Carol to stay there in her place for few days”, her mom asked me and I nodded.

“Carol..." Her father caught her attention and turned around, "I need you both to call me every day... And the hospital visits should be done as per the schedule", we both nodded. And he turned towards Carol with a stern look, "No drugs... and you are not supposed to go anywhere without Jaci". She glanced at me. "If I find something, you will have to do what I say," her father concluded, for which she agreed.

When everyone left, I saw Carol looking up to the ceiling and within a few minutes her friends came to visit her.

“Carol... I'll go home and pack and come back in two hours. Until then, your friends can give you a company", I told her and she just said a simple "yes".

My legs started walking toward the doorway but stopped. I turned towards her bed and kissed her forehead and our eyes locked.
I started falling in love with this woman.