Crushed.

Crushed.

Tw: eating disorder, panic attack (mentioned vomit)

Camilo's favourite thing in the whole world was his family, so when he had to watch as a fight between his cousin and ablua made his childhood home fall to pieces he was traumatised, to say the least.

The curly-haired boy was plagued by nightmares nightly, they ranged from his family being permanently homeless and blaming him for it, to a piece of the falling house killing one of his family members or himself.

What Camilo hadn't told anyone was that a falling piece of the roof had hit him in the chest momentarily trapping him, he managed to escape as everyone other than Mirable had reached the doorway of the falling building.

There were times Camilo felt as if he was still trapped under the red tile, as though he couldn't breathe and no one around him could help him.

Mirable and Pepa were quick to notice the change in the usually happy gluttonous boy, 

He smiled much wider to the point it was clear that every smile he threw at people was faker and faker.

Julieta used to have to make twice as much food as the 15-year-old would always eat so much and since everything went down he barely ate a plate worth a day.

Felix noticed the bags under his son's eyes and the fact he grew paler by the day.

Antonio missed playing with his big brother.

The only people who knew the truth about what was happening with Camilo were Dolores and Camilo himself.

Although her room was soundproof Dolores could often hear the frightened screams of her younger brother in the early hours of the morning and the minutes of crying afterwards.

She wanted nothing more than to storm into his room and hug him and tell him everything was okay but she knew better, believing that he would come to her if he needed to.

The issue was what no one heard, The voices going off in the boy's head as he stared in the mirrors that he was given by isabella.

' Are you really gonna eat breakfast today'

' your gift is useless'

' you're of no help to your family'

Those words stung Camilo the most, he wished to be skinnier, smarter, more useful, loved.

HE JUST WANTED TO BE LOVED.

More than anything he wanted his family to be proud of him.

Camilo starred in the mirror for three hours before Luisa called him down for breakfast, a meal he had no intention of eating.

"Camilo, eat your food your aunt has spent all morning making this food you're to eat it" Abela ordered causing Camilo to shift in his chair.

She was right, he was skipping meals Julieta had spent time making, but it was for them, so they wouldn't have to look at his 'fat' body anymore.

" Yes mam," Camilo said, eating a small portion of his food before feeling nauseous,

Ablua was glad about his response so she left, as well as Isabella, Luisa and Antonio.

Pepa then asked Mirable to leave as she wanted to talk to Camilo.

Doloris moved to sit next to her little brother as their parents sat across the table from them.

" Please finish your food Mi Amor," Pepa said as tears were building up in her eyes.

" But Mami, I am not hungry" Camilo insisted knowing just one more bite would cause him to vomit all he had eaten, an act that would lead to everyone thinking he was sick and bothering him.

" You're paler than ever before, you skip meals and you don't appear to sleep please just tell me what's going on" Doloris finally spoke.

Camilo's mind was racing on one hand. He wanted to be happy again, he wanted to just sit there and cry into his big sister's arms as he would have as a child on the other hand he wanted to not bother his family with his problems.

Camilo hadn't said a thing, he just cried silently.

Before he knew it he felt the dreaded feeling of that roof on his chest again, stopping him from breathing.

Pepa was terrified when tears fell down her son's face and even more so when he started gasping for air, falling off his chair before hiding in the closest corner to him.

Julieta, who had been in the kitchen, kneeled down to him and started telling him to follow her breathing pattern before hugging him until he calmed down.

" What was that!" Felix yelled running up to his son, hugging him.

Doloris whimpered at the loud sound earning an apology from her father.

" It was a panic attack" Julieta explained, helping Camilo onto the ottoman before leaving the room once again.

" Mami, I'm scared" Camilo admitted, staring at Pepa who then walked over to him.

" Why's that Mi Amor?".

Camilo took a deep breath before deciding that it was a good idea to just tell his family everything.

" Well first off, when Casita was falling I got trapped under a part of the roof for a bit, I managed to free myself before anyone noticed but it was scary.

I started having nightmares nightly and then whenever i saw a mirror i was drawn into how hideous and fat I looked" Camilo explained while crying before he knew it he was being hugged by all three family members in the room, all of whom were crying.

" Mi Hijo you are not either of those things, you're perfect just the way you are" Felix explained.

It took a long time for Camilo to believe the words his father had spoken to him that day but eventually, he learned that he was him and that was all that mattered.