Shifts hurt

Shifts hurt:

The Madrigal family's gifts all had drawbacks, Luisa would be unable to carry anything over a certain weight for long periods of time, Dolores often got headaches from gifts overused and even Julietta's healing abilities were less effective after around nine hours if she didn't take regular brakes.

The thing that no one ever noticed was that Camilo's drawbacks were quite extreme, Camilo's joints ache constantly and he would often lose control over who he was Shifting into.

Camilo was luckily blessed with high pain tolerance.

It had been a particularly hard day on the young shape-shifter, he's really worn himself out, but he had to ignore the sting of pain in his chest, the ringing in his left ear and the fact that his vision was starting to blur, he had to keep pushing himself to work, he had a job to do.

Camilo had to shift into Lusia to help her move to a bridge as his condition was deteriorating. Camilo's shortness of breath didn't go unnoticed but had to be ignored as the two were mid-way through lifting the bridge and even the slightest distraction could cause dire results.

What wasn't taken into consideration was that if Camilo's breathing got worse the results could be just as bad.

The world around the teenage boy was spinning and his balance was disastrous'.

Camilo and Lusia had almost completed their task, he'd only have to hold on a little longer at least that's what he told himself, the situation turned more unstable because the next stage of over-shifting had set in Camilo's face went from Luisa's to Abuela's and then his own uncontrollably.

By the time that the Bridge was securely on the ground Camilo was shifting his entire body into almost everyone in the Encanto's as he screamed in pain, his high pain tolerance was no longer protecting him.

"Camilo, stay here, I'm going to go find help" Luisa's vague voice spoke as she sat her cousin on a bench.

Before Luisa could get help Camilo grabbed her wrist whimpering in pain.

Obviously, Luisa could have easily forced the poor boy's hand off her wrist but it was clear he needed her, so plan B was set in motion.

"Dolores, Camilo needs you there's something really wrong with him, we're at the bridge...come quick" Lusia said in a surprisingly calm tone.

20 minutes, it took 20 minutes for help to come.

By the time Bruno and Dolores appeared Camilo has passed out his body that of isabella's and his face that of Mirabel's.

"What happened," Dolores asked, concerned.

"It looks like he's overworked his gift" Bruno somberly explained.

Bruno picked up the unconscious boy and carried him to his room.

"We've got to keep a closer eye on him so this doesn't happen again" Bruno ordered.

Hello, I'm sure that you've all seen this coming but I'm not going to be actively trying to continue this book in the same way I used to, the book will continue through either request or if I'm bored and feel like it, regular updates will not happen. But if you want to read a book of mine which will be updated on regular basis my, My hero academia book is out, it's mostly Bakugou and Kaminari angst but it's not a one-shot book.

-Astro <3