Smile for your life, it won't last forever.

(tw: injury, death.)

Despite his reputation as the Happy, food-motivated, prankster of the Madrigal family Camilo was a very anxious kid.

He would often freak out if his daily routine was disrupted, as it made him worry that he may be letting down his family.

Letting his family down was one of Camilo's biggest fears, along with shifting so much he wouldn't be able to shift back.

Camilo's chores consisted of Babysitting, shifting into others for example Luisa so he could lift extremely heavy things and not letting anyone see him unhappy.

Camilo learned at a young age to bottle up his emotions, his family had better things to deal with than him, more important things.

Every morning Camilo forced a smile, swearing to not let anyone see it fall.

Sure Camilo wasn't always happy, there were times when the last thing he wanted to do was smile and pretend but he had taught himself to just push through.

When anything bad would happen Camilo played his role as the happy one best, they- his family needed that, they need to never have to worry about him, how he was.

But 15 years is too long to no feeling, to push everything down so when it all came back up it broke him.

After Casita fell Camilo had reached his breaking point, the curly-headed boy slumped against what was left of one of the walls as tears rolled down his face as Camilo failed to fight them.

Camilo's eyes blurred but Camilo thought nothing of it thinking that that just happens when you cry, but then his chest started burning, and breathing was added to his chores.

Everyone was focused on finding Mirabel as Camilo started to struggle to breathe.

This was the first time in years Camilo had cried but the struggle to breathe was all too familiar, this had happened before, but that was in the safety of his room when he was alone not in the remains of his fallen home.

"Camilo!" Pepa's voice rang out.

Camilo wanted to call out but didn't want anyone to see in in the state he was in, the shape-shifter was under the impression that the Breathing issue would pass on its own as it had before but as his vision started to clear up Camilo noticed a slightly sticky red substance on his hands...blood, he was bleeding.

"H-help!" Camilo Winced he had hurt himself when he fell from the balcony even with Casita softening his fall.

"Camilo!" Félix's voice boomed, followed by Isabela's screaming for Mirabel.

"Papì" Camilo's weakened voice screamed, Félix finally finding him.

Camilo was laid on the floor blood flowing from his chest like a river as his wrist was bruised since he'd landed on it.

"Camilo" Félix screamed in horror at the sight of his son.

Félix ran to Camilo's side, placing his son's head in his lap.

"Julietta help!!!"Félix demanded as loudly as he could hoping she heard him.

Pepa and Julietta Ran to the boys, Pepa screaming at the sight of her son.

"Cami, Mì Amorė, you're going to be okay, just say awake...Don't just sand there do something" Pepa yelled at her sister.

"I-I can't the kitchen is gone and even if it wasn't our gifts are gone" Julietta cried.

Pepa sat next to her husband, holding her dying son's hand.

"P-p-please... d-don't cry Mamì" Camilo sobbed tightening his grip on her hand.

"Camilo-" Félix was interrupted by Camilo shaking his head.

"I-It's okay, only hurts a bit" Camilo faked a smile.

Soon everyone in the family but Mirabel, Luisa and Antonio sat around Camilo as the boys breathing lessened.

Félix sat on the floor Camilo's head in his lap as he played with his son's curly hair, Dolores and Pepa on either side of him holding Camilo's hands.

Isabel and Antonio were searching the ruins of the family's old kitchen hoping to find some food to heal Camilo but they were having no luck.

"Come on cami, Stay awake" Dolores whispered.

Camilo's eyes stopped roaming and his chest stopped rising.

"Cami?" papa's voice broke as her son's hand fell limply to his sides.

Camilo Madrigal's body laid limply and motionless no longer having a pulse, he was gone.