The Shadows Follow Me Part One:

Shadows, Shadows were Camilo's greatest fear as a child, the boy saw them as someone copying him, tracking his every step without mistake.

Shadows may have been the boy's biggest fear as a child, but now it was often where the boy would lerk quite often, listening into the conversations that weren't meant for his ears, but he didn't care, nobody told him anything in the first place. It was clear to the young shapeshifter that his family still saw him as a kid and often treated him as such.

Nobody told him about the magic fading, nobody told him that Lusia was losing her gift, and nobody ever told him that just because his parents and siblings were interested in the opposite sex didn't mean he had to be. It took Camilo meeting his uncle Bruno for him to learn that not every boy liked girls, not every girl liked boys, and not everybody liked anyone.

Bruno was something called Asexual, Aromantic, Camilo was very sure that the title of Asexual fit him perfectly but he wasn't sure about Aromantic, He'd liked people before.

The Chameleon-like boy had had two crushes that he remembered, although up until Brunos' return he'd only counted one.

When Camilo was thirteen he met this really pretty red-haired girl in the Encanto they called Valeria, they spent around three weeks hanging out together. Even though Camilo had to sneak out of the house into the darkness of the night, the darkness at the time wasn't too fond of his appearance.

To Camilo's despair, Abuela was the one to catch him sneaking out, promptly putting an end to the friendship mistaking it for Valeria being Camilo's girlfriend.

The Encanto wasn't a large place so the two would still run into each other often but they never said a word, worried somehow Abuela would catch them.

Camilo's second crush was a lot different than Valeria, with dirty blonde hair, piercing green eyes, and a freckled face, but the difference was more than just basic appearance, Camilo's second crush was a very sociable boy called Mateo.

Unlike Valeria, Mateo and Camilo didn't really get to spend time together. When Camilo was doing his basic chores, Mateo would sometimes be allowed to keep him company but past that Camilo was too busy. However, that didn't stop Camilo from liking him, even if he was unable to understand it in the same way as he had Valeria.

Bruno had warned Camilo that he can't ever tell Abuela that he may not like just girls or anyone at all, apparently, she reacted poorly when he came out to her, which didn't surprise Camilo. She'd never spoken about any of the things that Bruno taught her, no one had.

It was no secret that almost everyone in Casita was scared of Abuela in a way, they listened to her with no hesitation to do so whatsoever, so if she'd told them not to talk about something Camilo knew they'd listen.

Despite how close Camilo allowed himself to become to his uncle he wished that he could talk to someone else about what he was thinking, what he was trying to figure out.

Honestly, Camilo had thought about talking to his Dad or Mum about the fact that he was certainly Asexual and also was possibly romanticly interested in both Girls and Boys,

But he feared their response since the fall of Casita.

Camilo had grown closer to his parents,

Although he'd never admit it he had reoccurring nightmares weeks after the event took place and often found himself curled up between Fėlix and Pepa.

Nightmares, that's what Fėlix and Pepa thought was going on when their son had a shift in personality.

Camilo seemed to somehow be happier than ever and sadder than anyone thought was possible.