Smile for the end is near

Smile, for the end, is near.

TW: sui-slide attempt, SH.

Camilo Madrigal's gift was clearly shape-shifting, but that wasn't the only thing that he was good at. He was great with children, that's why he was often found babysitting the towns peoples kids, He was an amazing baker nowhere near Julieta's but still amazing and his number one talent Smiling, fake smiling that is.

When you looked at the boy all you saw was a young jokester whose worries just rolled off his shoulders as if they didn't exist.

Never would you think that he spent the early hours of the morning messing around with a sharpened knife contemplating whether or not he should just give in and cut already,

You'd never think about the fact that he never found himself able to sleep for more than two hours at a time.

He'd never think that he was already hurting himself by dropping a rock on his leg whenever he was bord causing it to bruise, he didn't think it counted as it never drew blood.

The Rock was a gift he was given by his uncle Bruno when he was three,

And dropping the rock was more of an instinctual thing when he was stressed than anything else for Camilo.

Although his smile was believable the idea he was fine was not.

The Rock was not something no one noticed, it was what everyone dubbed a thing for him to fidget with without disturbing everyone.

Camilo was never one to wear shorts so the bruising was never seen.

Everyone knew that Camilo was never the same after the events that lead to Bruno's return.

He just seemed off even some of the parents whose kids Camilo used to look after voiced their concerns over the odd feeling that something was going on with the boy.

Whenever confronted about it Camilo claimed he was fine and that was usually where the conversation ended, that all changed the day he gave in and used the knife.

Camilo sat on the floor his eyes glued to the blade like it was most mornings,

Every inch of his being telling him to slide the darn thing across his arm already.

Camilo knew he was meant to fight it, he had always fought off the action although giving in to the knowledge that the urge was there.

Without realising it he had already sliced a small line onto his arm, followed by another, then another. The cuts got bigger and deeper as he made his way up to his shoulder.

He wore the largest smile ever this was the first genuine one for a while.

Camilo was so entranced by the crimson liquid flowing from his arms that he hadn't even noticed his door open, Bruno and Doloris stood tears flowing more than the blood.

Bruno quickly jumped into action slowly walking towards Camilo who hadn't noticed him yet.

" Cami, please put the knife down" Bruno begged, sadly Camilo was at a point of blood loss and infatuation with the blood that he didn't even prosses that Bruno was in the room.

Deciding that slow and gentle wasn't working Bruno walked directly in front of Camilo

Telling Doloris to get Pepa and Julieta, before grabbing the knife from Camilo and throwing it across the room.

"Tio Bruno, when did you get here," Camilo asked as if he wasn't bleeding into the floor.

Bruno never answered him and instead hugged the boy holding him close before grabbing the closest piece of fabric to him and applying pressure to his arm.

Seeing Bruno hold crying bleeding and yet still smiling Camilo was scary.

And although Julieta's food healed the shapeshifter physically, she couldn't magically heal him Mentally.

That took time and effort and A lot of hugs.