ESCAPE THE CLOSET: part- 1

TW: sorta forced to come out.

Camilo loved everything about his family, they were all so much closer since the re-building of the casita and being re-united with Bruno.

As far as everyone knew everything was going great, but the truth was that a certain shapeshifter was becoming sadder and sadder.

Nightmares plagued Camilo during the night as the pressure of his gift plagued him during the day.

Abuela had learnt that she had to be less strict with the others but what had never occurred to anyone was, whenever Abuela let another member of the family take a break Camilo would shapeshift into them and complete their jobs as well as his own.

Camilo was struggling, he wanted nothing more than to just yell that he needed a break once in a while but for some reason, there was this voice in his head telling him that by admitting to his family he was unhappy he'd be letting them down.

Words rolled around his head.

'Weak' and 'disappointment' is the most hurtful.

One night Camilo finished all his chores and ran into the one place he felt the most comfortable his room. he was able to change aspects of his room at a whim so he changed it to the way he liked it.

The stage in the centre of the room that once looked boring turned into his real room. A large bed sat in the centre of the stage with tie-dye rainbow bedsheets and a stuffed coffee plushie sat on it.

A medium-sized white desk appeared with a rainbow chair that looked glass, lined on one side of the stage the walls were covered in drawings that Camilo did, mostly of clothing designs and sewing machines.

A large gay flag hung on the wall above his bed, but the one thing that made Camilo the happiest was his pet, Camilion Theo.

Camilo told Theo everything, the mean thoughts in his head, that he was scared of disappointing his family, everything.

Theo was also the only 'person?' that Camilo had ever come out to.

Although Camilo knew he was gay at a young age he decided it was best that it was a secret, he couldn't bear the thought of losing those he loved because they might not accept him.

Camilo had spent a good portion of his life putting himself last, as his mind attacked him he smiled and suffered in silence.

When Antonio got his gift Camilo had one of the worst panic attacks of his life,

He was proud of his brother but the idea of Antonio talking to Theo freaked him out,

What if Antonio learned all his secrets?

Camilo decided that it was best Theo stayed only in his room.

Not once did Camilo think that he'd be the one to spill all his secrets or at least the secret he considered the biggest.

It was an ordinary morning really, Camilo woke up ate breakfast and headed into town to do his chores.

Camilo helped babysit three sets of kids before lunch and everything was the same as every other day, even when Abuela told Camilo to shift into Luisa and help move the church.

As always he agreed with no complaints and Shifted, leaving before even eating lunch.

No one ever understood that although Camilo could shift into the others and use their gifts, his ability to use their gifts wasn't as strong as when they used them themselves.

Camilo walked through the town waving and smiling at people, occasionally stopping to say hello to one of the kids he babysat.

It was clear to anyone who cared to really pay attention that Camilo was pail, sweating and his nose and cheeks were flushed.

As he walked closer to the church Camilo's breathing grew uneven.

He felt as if there was something weighing him down, getting more and more exhausted with each step.

Luckily when Camilo randomly paused Dolores was across the road searching for a little boys' missing bunny.

Dolores was slightly confused when she waved at her brother with no response,

With one single action Confusion changed to concern.

Camilo's body fell limp onto the ground, hitting his head when he hit the floor.

Dolores ran and picked up Cami from the dirt floor, seeing the blood trickle

down from his head.

The second the front doors to Casita opened very abruptly Bruno, Felix and Isabela knew that something was wrong.

That knowledge was confirmed at the sight of Doloris caring an unconscious Camilo in her arms a purely shocked expression plastered her face.

"What happened?" Felix asked taking Camilo from his daughter, instead of laying him on the sofa.

Dolores didn't get a chance to answer, Isabela ran into the room holding one of Julieta's healing foods.

Camilo woke up almost straight away but he still seemed out of it.

His usually brown joyful eyes seemed dull and emotionless.

His smile had fallen replaced by a frown.

"Hey, Cami, let's get you cleaned up yeah?" Felix asked, his hand now on his sons' shoulder. There was no response from Camilo, so Felix just lead his son up the stairs towards the stairs.

Although Camilo was healed he was still covered in dirt and blood so when his mother saw him she ran up to him, a rain cloud appearing above her head.

Camilo was led into his room, still in his lethargic state.

His true room was on full display but the young shapeshifter couldn't care less he was absolutely absent from his thoughts he wanted to sleep nothing more.

Just as Camillo was thinking about Sleep, becoming more aware of his surroundings he noticed that his parents were in his room, his real room.

Before he knew it familiar cloudiness overtook over his head and his unconscious body was heading for the marble floor, this time being caught by Felix.

Felix and Pepa shared a concerned glance before laying him on his bed, Felix trying to make him as comfortable as possible, placing him under the fluffy tie-dye quilt.

Pepa Grabbed a cloth to clean up the dirt and dry blood on his head, deciding she'd remind him to shower later.

It was only when Pepa and Felix had made sure their son was comfortable and they'd get Julieta to him as soon as possible to find out why he kept passing out that they looked around his room.

Camilo's drawings were the first thing to earn Pepa's attention, they were so good.

Felix noticed the rainbow theme to the room and the sign on his desk saying

Gay rights, A tear rolling down his face.

"What's wrong Mì Amore?" Pepa asked noticing her husband's sadness.

"He's Gay" Felix responded, confusing Pepa who for a moment thought that he was mad or disappointed.

"He didn't feel like he could tell us, we are his parents and he didn't feel comfortable telling us" Felix explained.

Pepa now knew that Felix was crying because he felt as though he'd failed as a parent as though they both had.

"Well then when he wakes up, we can change that show him we support him and love him".

Sorry, this took so long and is not up to the standard I'd like it to be, I am running out of ideas. This one is one that I wrote very last minute so it's cut into parts. I wanted to do a chapter based around him being genderfluid or having Tourettes since I see a lot of one-shots like that but I am not sure yet since I don't know much on the subjects. - Astro( concussions suck btw).