A headache you'll never forget-part one:

(TW: abandonment, Self-harm, headaches, vision issues, seizure.).

The talk of the family splitting up started following the fall of Castia.

Isabela wanted to truly feel free and start healing from the pain of the pressure to be perfect that lasted for as long as she could remember, she'd explained that she needed to leave, to move out for her mental health.

Pepa and Felix were next starting to look into three-bedroom homes hoping to start a life independent of their still broken family, although things were getting better they still weren't a 'perfect' family.

Camilo didn't want to leave, to move, he liked where he lived, he liked his life as it was and wasn't thrilled about the change.

It wasn't until Lusia and Isabela moved out that the fear settled into Camilo's mind he hated change and there was a lot of it going on.

Despite his constant happy appearance, Camilo was generally an anxious person he simply hid it well as he felt no need to bother his already struggling family with his issues.

Camilo loved his family and would do anything for them including burying his feelings so far down that he could barely understand them anymore.

It was no secret that the family was broken and Abuela was a huge part in making it that way, the way that she pressured Isabela to be perfect, the way Lusia was never strong enough, the way that Mirabel was never gifted enough, the way that Abuela and the entire encanto villainized Bruno

And the way that Camilo was never anything enough to draw her attention.

Camilo'd lived with his entire family his whole life and yet he felt like a stranger.

He'd be given his list of chores, he'd support his mamì and papì if they needed, and he'd Babysit his little brother when he was younger but Camilo had never felt like he was anything more than a helping hand when needed to be forgotten about until someone needed something from him.

Camilo had his fair share of secrets, secrets he'd never had to worry about anyone uncovering because no one cared enough to notice...or so he'd thought.

"Tsk" Camilo wined slowly sitting up in bed and rubbing the sleep from his eyes exposing them to the artificial light coming from his fake bedroom window.

Camilo ran a hand through his auburn hair wincing as the movement irritated the cuts on his arms.

"Crap" Camilo'd forgotten he'd cut the night before.

With slight difficulty Camilo got himself to stand up, getting changed slowly before feeding his pet chameleon and heading downstairs ignoring his splitting headache that'd appeared days earlier and had yet to clear away.

Camilo slowly walked downstairs preparing himself to force a smile for when he faced his family.

Without warning Camilo's vision blurred as he quickly gripped the railing of the stairs so as to not fall down the remaining steps.

"Are you alright?" a concerned voice asked from behind the golden-eyed boy.

"Camilo?" the voice wavered in concern as the usually bright and bubbly boy made no effort to respond as he finally reached the bottom of the stairs seemingly disorientated.

"Hey kiddo, are you alright I looked like you were going to fall over" Bruno stated now standing by Camilo's side instead of behind him.

Camilo's eyes finally unblurred, his headache worsting.

"Kid?".

"Oh hey, what's up?" Camilo forced a smile now aware that Bruno was there.

"I was asking if you're alright I thought you were going to fall down the stairs".

"Oh, yeah I just lost my footing a bit, I'm alright though" Camilo lied with a chuckle while rubbing at the base of his neck, something he always did when lying.

Camilo didn't even wait to see Bruno's reaction to his lie he just wanted to go into the kitchen, sit down, and eat his breakfast like nothing happened, so that's what he did.

"Morning Mamì" Camilo mumbled to Pepa with a large simile sitting next to her.

"Are you feeling alright babė? you're looking rather pale" Pepa noticed.

"Estoy bien" Camilo struggled to keep smiling.

Pepa nodded not believing him.

Breakfast was boring and uneventful just the way Camilo liked it.

"Abuela what are my chores for the day?" Camilo spoke after everyone was done eating.

"I was busy setting up a job for your cousin I didn't remember to set any up for you...you could always go around the Encanto and see if anyone could use your help, just be back for lunch" Abuela all but shrugged leaving the room.

"I best be off, see you all later" Felix smiled, leaving the room.

"See you at lunch hijo" Pepa smiled kissing Camilo on the cheek following Felix.

The room was empty minus Camilo in no time and he was absolutely heartbroken, his dad hadn't hugged him goodbye as he always used to, Dolores left without even a look his way and Abuela had forgotten to assign him chores something she'd never managed to do when it was anyone else.

'They don't care about you, they'd forget about you if you didn't always annoy them' the rough voice in his head snarled.

Camilo's forced smile fell as he shook his head in hopes of silencing the voice, an action that rendered him without sight for a few seconds.

Camilo never made it to the village he didn't make it past the living room where he lost all connection to the world around him.

His head was killing him, a deep buzzing filled his ears not allowing any other sound to pass, and his eyes blurred once again this time shaking violently as he collapsed on the living room floor, Casita moving a rug to soften his fall.

"Ah" Pepa and Felix exclaimed in unison as Castia refused to let them leave.

"Casita let us out" Fėlix demanded confusedly.

"What's going on here?" Julieta asked.

"The door won't open" Pepa explained.

"KIDDO" a loud yell rang through the Casita clearly coming from the living room.

The trio stood in the entryway of the Casita and locked eyes before running towards the yelling.

"HE'S HAVING A SEIZURE" Julieta screamed running up to him.

----------- ------------- ----------- --(A/N: ------------------- ------------ --------

HEYA, so I'm finally back I hope this chapter was an okay first one back it may take a while for me to get properly back into it but I'm here lol.

-Astria <3