Failing to burn: part 2

Surprised by the sudden voice Camilo quickly turned his head to the doorway,

Temporarily relieved at the sight of his younger brother.

"Antonio, you scared me" Camilo chuckled.

Antonio tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"Your hand is hurt, what happened?" Antonio asked, louder than Camilo was comfortable with.

"Oh I accidentally cut it and didn't want to worry anyone, so I came down here to deal with it myself" Camilo lied.

Antonio bought the lie and headed to bed promising to keep the conversation a secret.

Pleased that Antonio was gone Camilo grabbed what he came downstairs for and returned to his room, throwing himself on his bed with a sigh.

The young shapeshifter ate the arepa and watched all his cuts and burns fade from his arms with a frown.

Deciding that it was late Camilo sliced a few lines in each arm and fell asleep not expecting to wake up to his mother and father walking into his room.

"Camilo Amore, your brother came to us worried about you" Pepa explained sitting on her eldest son's bed next to him.

"He said you hurt your hand and then lied to him about it" Félix continued sitting on the end of the bed.

"Yeah well, I accidentally cut my hand on a smashed lightbulb and-"

"Don't lie to us son" Félix demanded somberly.

"I wasn't" Camilo cried.

"Cami bebè, You've been sad lately, tired and We're worried" Pepa sobbed.

Camilo burst into tears unable to stop himself.

"Mamá I... I'm not okay...I hurt myself and I know it's bad but I don't want to stop it helps me, makes the world feel even again" Camilo admitted, reviling his arms.

"There were more, cuts and burns but I stole arepas to heal when I ran out of arms"

Everyone was crying as Pepa gently ran her fingers over the cuts on her son's arm.

"We'll help you, everything will be okay bebè" Félix decided to pull his son into a hug.