behind this smile part one

Behind this smile part one.

(TW: self-harm.

Camilo Madrigal the 15-year-old shapeshifter that was always happy, the boy whose smile never faded that's how the townspeople if the Encanto saw him, that's how his family saw him, but that wasn't him.

Each smile faded the second the boy was alone, each laugh was forced, his personality was faked.

Camilo could remember the first time that he cut himself, in fact, it was one of his clearest memories. He was thirteen Abuela had had a partially bad day and was working despite having a fever, Camilo was helping out people in the town and ended up doing a prank that went a little too far and had gotten in trouble and he was yelled at. Camilo was not paying any attention to Abuela whatsoever until she yelled one that caught his attention 'useless'.

She had called him useless and the more the boy thought about it the more useless they felt, Camilo, stormed off to his room and told casita not to let anyone in.

Whether in a fit of rage or sorrow Camilo never knew, he had punched one of the thirteen mirrors in his room, It hurt like hell but also felt so good, like eating spicy food it hurts but it's worth it for the taste.

Camilo craved that feeling again, the feeling of genuine happiness.

So he did the first thing that came to his mind, he punched the mirror a second time and a third time and a fourth, fifth, sixth and one last time before the mirror had completely shattered and glass edged itself in his hand.

Blood covered his hand and was slowly running down his arm as he looked at himself in another mirror Camilo saw himself smile, really smile.

It wasn't hard to hide what he did as the shapeshifter was well trained in the art of sneaking into the kitchen late at night to steal Julietta's food, the only difference being that this time he needed it.

Sorry, this is so short, knowing me I am going to write the next part before I post this one so I can put them all up in one day (:

-Astro <3

( so I was going to wait but part two was taking too long so here have this a week early.)