Behind This Smile- part 3

Behind This Smile part 3:

Tw: self-harm, ED.

Dolores stayed with Camilo as Bruno ran off to find help.

As Dolores sat next to her seemingly lifeless brother she started thinking about how bland and boring her life would be without her brother's fun, loud personality.

Dolores decided to check her brother's pulse, placing her hand gently on his throat, she let out a happy sob as she felt a pulse, it wasn't as strong as it should have been but it was there, Dolores ran her hand threw her brother's hair as his head was sticking out the side of the crumbled bridge.

For Dolores, It felt like hours for Bruno to return with Julietta and Lusia but realistically it was about ten minutes. Lusia lifted the bridge off her cousin trying to hide the fearful look on her face as she saw just how much blood had built up under the bridge. Bruno picked up his nephew's limp body placing him on the dirt in front of Julietta. Julietta quickly checked him over for more extreme injuries before healing him, placing an Arepa (i think that's the food) in his mouth before getting Luisa to carry the strangely still unconscious boy to the casita.

It was clear to Dores that her parents were unaware of what had happened since neither of them went to help save the boy, so she wasn't surprised at their terrified faces when the blood-covered teen was placed in their living room.

"What happened?"Papa screamed running to her son.

"A bridge collapsed on him" Dolores explained in a tone that sounded both emotionless and yet so broken.

Félix quickly hugged his daughter and then gently placed his arm around her leading the traumatized girl into Isabella's room so she wouldn't be alone, Mirabell was already there and Félix hadn't bothered asking why as he wanted to get back to his son.

Sadly Antonio wasn't saved from the horror of seeing Camilo in the state he was in he had tugged at Abuela's skirt and asked her if his big brother would be alright to which she responded with yes, deciding to take the boy away offering to spend some time with him and taking him to his room.

By the time Félix was back in the living room, Camilo was laying on the sofá shirtless with thousands of cuts littering his body some long some small some scaring over and some looking fresher and deeper.

Julietta and Pepa sitting on the floor next to the sofa looking saddened and confused.

It was clear that the cuts weren't from the bridge collapse and were self-inflicted.

If not because they'd seem self-harm scars before, on Bruno, but because it was also clear as day that the shapeshifter was severely underweight.

Tears fell down Félix's face as he realised how bad his son was hurting without anyone knowing. The three sat in silence other than the occasional hiccup from Pepa who was crying, Félix stood up wiping his tears with his sleeves before picking up his son and carrying his son to his room, a place he hadn't been allowed in for three years.

Félix entered the room not wasting time taking in his surroundings before walking to the centre of Camilo's room and laying him on his bed tucking him in, kissing Camilo on the head before turning to walk away.

The first thing that caught félix's eye was a shard of glass covered in dried blood that sat on his son's nightstand the second was the fact that one of the 15 mirrors on the wall was smashed and two others appeared foggy and faded.

Sighing Félix pocked the glass on the nightstand and carefully took down the shattered mirror "We'll talk about this later kiddo" Félix mumbled leaving the room.

Félix disposed of the mirror in the bin outside before walking into the living room.

Félix walked as if he was a ghost cleaning up the blood on the floor moving his Sleeping wife and sister in law to the sofa.

It wasn't until Augustìn decided to wake up Julietta and the two left that Félix broke from his cleaning trance and carried Pepa to bed snuggling into her as he slept.

Camilo woke up confused, he didn't remember getting home, maybe he cut too deep and passed out he decided, and it explained his headache. Camilo got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast.

The changeling walked outside where his family was eating breakfast, Pepa dropped her fork at the sight of her son being okay and ran up to him hugging him, before he knew it Camilo was sandwiched between his parents and sister.

"Woah, what's going on?" Camilo asked confused.

"We'll talk about if after breakfast, sit, eat" Abuela chimed in.