The Shadows Follow Me Part four:

(TW/: homophobia, sad, angst)

Camilo took a power nap, deciding he was going to need the energy considering he was about to change his life forever.
Camilo at his core was a people pleaser and he knew that Abuela would not be pleased.
Camilo wasn't there to witness Bruno's coming out but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it did not go well, both Bruno and his mother had warned him that Abuela would not be the kind and accepting Grandmother/mother that Camilo and Bruno deserved.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teenage Bruno sat at the dinner table pulling at his sweat-drenched collar in an anxious manner.
It was clear that there was something troubling him.
Julietta, Pepa, and Abuela made a point of trying to pretend they'd not noticed his strange behaviour deciding unanimously that he'd tell them what was going on in his own time, He'd been acting strange all day.

"S-so umm... There's something I've got to tell you guys" Bruno squeaked.
Pepa placed her hand on her brothers' in an attempt to comfort him since he was clearly worried.
"Okay... you can tell us anything" Julietta smiled, sitting on the left of Bruno.
"Well um... you know with all of Mamì's talk of us all getting married-"
"Oh have you found a possible future wife, lovely... you know I was getting worried, Pepa has already found the perfect husband in Felix, my goddess I can't wait for my grandbaby to arrive...and Julietta well she's got a few options."
Abuela interrupted.
"N-no, but it is on that topic, I don't want to get married...like ever" Bruno admitted.
"Oh Amorė, I know that it's a bit scary but you'll make a good husband and eventually father".
Bruno visibly flinched at the mention of kids.
"No Mamì, you're not listening...I don't want a wife or k-kids or any of that, there's umm... a name for it Asexual Aromantic or Aroace" Bruno came out with tears rolling down his face.
"Nonsense" Abuela yelled slamming her fist down on the table.
"No son of mine will be going around buying into this crap, whats next are one of you girls gonna tell me you've got a girlfriend" Abuela laugh maniacally.
"Mamì-"
"No, you listen here you will get married and have children, our miracle must be past on Bruno...
Pepa's about to have her first child soon and Julietta's been actively looking for a husband for quite some time it's just between two suitors now, you will not be an exception" Abuela yelled over the sound of Bruno's tears.
"Quit it with those pathetic tears, you're a man for goddess sake, you know what, you to your room I don't want to look at you" Abuela ordered.
Bruno quickly stood up to leave, his sisters giving him empathetic glances before he ran off in a fit of sobs.
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deciding he'd put off coming out to Abuela long enough Camilo sighed, cracking his wrists as he walked out of his room, towards the kitchen.
As usual, Abuela sat at the head of the table, Julieta, Agustin, Mirabel, Isabela and Lusia sat on one side of the table whereas the rest of the family sat on the other side a space in between Pepa and Felìx waiting for Camilo.
Pepa, Bruno, and Isabela knew that Camilo was planning on coming out to Abuela at this dinner which is probably why he was sitting in what was often Antonio's seat.
"H-Hey Abuela I have to tell you something, something that I know you won't be happy about" Camilo courageously announced.
"Mmm..., well get on with it then I guess" Abuela ordered, wanting to know what the boy had to say.
"Well I'm Asexual" Camilo came out cutting off who was Abuela trying to interrupt him.
"I'm also not Straight, I'm not Gay either but-".
"What sick nonsense have you gotten into your poor nephews' mind... I allowed you back into my house, even let you not get married and you thank me by filling your sisters' son's head with all that crap and as for you Camilo I'm very disappointed in you buying into all this rubbish!!" Abuela screamed at Bruno.
"Lusia take Antonio to his room please...now!" Pepa ordered, slightly scary.
"You do not get to speak to MY son or brother like that, not anymore, quite frankly I should have stood up to you after what you did to Bruno but my boy will never be forced into such darkness as you Trapped Bruno in... I saw him disappear slowly mentally until the day he went away physically... you broke Bruno you will not do the same to Camilo" Pepa cried slightly.
Camilo was crying into Felix's arms, Felix wanted to say something but he knew that Pepa, needed this she needed to stand up to her mother.
"Pepa you can't really condone this, the Asexual crap...fine but he will not be bringing any 'boys' into this house, not my house" Abuela declared.
"You know what screw this you are nothing more than a sad senile old woman who will never change, your not worth the fight, you know Camilo didn't have to tell you, nor did Bruno there was no obligation involved, you should try supporting and loving your family before you don't have one left" Pepa snapped before motioning for Felix to follow her, Camilo attached to his fathers' side.

Pepa, Felix and Camilo found themselves in Camilo's room, Camilo sobbing in his fathers' arms.
"Camilo?, Cami listen to me your- who you are is not nonsense nor is it crap, your Abuela is just cruel, Mì amorė your valid, you understand. You.Are. Valid. And don't you ever forget or disregard that"
Pepa cried joining the hug.

Camilo fell asleep in the loving arms of his supportive parents, the supportive parents any member of the LGBTQIA+ community deserves for they/you are all valid.