Behind This Smile

Behind this smile-part 4:

(ED, suicidal thoughts?)

Breakfast was awkward that was for sure Antonio wouldn't make eye contact with Camilo as everyone else wouldn't stop staring at him, watching him slowly eat.

It was clear the young shapeshifter was uncomfortable but after what they'd seen his family just wanted to make sure that he was indeed eating at all.

Camilo felt trapped with a sense of claustrophobia dawning over him, it felt as if the eyes of his family were burning into his soul, and he couldn't take it anymore.

"I have no clue what's happened but can you all just stop staring at me!" Camilo screamed planning on storming off to his room but before he could run off strong arms wrapped their way around him.

" Stay, we still need to talk okay, then you'll know what's happing", Camilo recognised the voice as his uncle Bruno and decided that Bruno had a point if he stayed he'd find out why everyone was acting so off.

Mirabell and Antonio left the table first, deciding it was time to get ready for the day.

Isabela following not too long after.

Camilo had thought about waiting for everyone to finish their food before demanding an explanation for their strange behaviour but he wanted to throw up the food he'd just eaten as quickly as possible.

"So what's going on?"Camilo demanded loudly, causing Dolores to flinch.

"Isabela would you mind taking your cousin to her room you're to have the day off and spend time with each other" Abuela practically ordered, deciding that it was best to get Dolores away from the potentially loud conversation that was about to take place. With a nod, Isabela place her hand on Camilo's shoulder reassuringly allowing Dolores to hug her confused brother before the two left the room side by side.

"How much of yesterday do you remember son?" Félix asked.

Camilo hadn't really thought about that, but he really couldn't remember the day past picking up the bridge, He started wondering if something bad had happened and he was in trouble. "Umm the last thing is picking up the bridge, did I do something wrong am I in trouble?" Camilo enquired.

Abuela and Augustìn decided that it would be best they left to not overwhelm the boy.

" No Babé, your not in trouble" a teary-eyed Pepa responded.

"Hijo, you were crushed by a bridge and Dolores and Bruno found you"

Félix explained, sadly.

Camilo was shocked but also slightly relieved that he wasn't in trouble.

"I was able to heal you, when we first got you out from under the bridge I did a quick look over to see if you had any extreme injuries and it was clear that it was safe to take you here, but when we removed your blood-covered shirt well you were covered in cuts and it was clear that you were severely underweight" Julietta spoke stuttering ever so often.

Camilo's face went from confused and slightly concerned to terrified in seconds

He tried to bolt again only for Bruno to stop him again, this time hugging him as the changeling sobbed into Bruno's shoulders.

"It's alright, your okay" Bruno whispered crying lightly remembering having a similar conversation sixteen years prior.

Camilo had somehow managed to cry himself to sleep, Félix having to take him away from Bruno and lay on the sofá with him.

"Mì Amor, come here" Félix muttered noticing how much his wife was crying.

Before they knew it the three were fast asleep cuddled into each other Camilo curled into his mother's side as his father's arm was draped around him.

Bruno walked past the room a few minutes later checking on the three to see how his nephew was doing, running into his mother instead.

"This brings up some unsavoury memories, I'm sorry you know " Abuela whispered to her son.

"For the way, I reacted to your self-harming, I should have worked with you to make sure that you never felt you needed to do such things" Abuela admitted hugging a confused Bruno before simply walking away as they'd never had the conversation.

" I'm glad that boy has parents as amazing as them, it's why he'll be okay" Buno mumbled smiling, placing a blanket over his nephew, sister and brother in law.

I honestly can't look at my screen anymore sorry, this part was written at the request of AsyUsu-Chan( I hope I got that right). They didn't request the storyline but honestly, I wasn't going to write more of this book.

<3