Camila not Camilo

Camila not Camilo:

(transphobia, self-harm,miss-gendering, dead naming):

Camilo hated themself, they hated the way they looked, the uselessness they felt and the thoughts that flooded his head when they shifted into a female.

There was something about the flowing skirts or dresses the long hair the high, pitched voice all of it felt right for Camilo, originally they thought that they may have been a crossdresser but it was more than that, they hated it when Félix called them his son, they hated being called a 'he'.

Camilo or Camila was a she, she knew that but it scared her deeply.

There was no way that Abuela would accept her, and the fear of being disowned by her entire family grew strong in her head.

Camila's family knew that there was something going on with her, she was quiet, barely ate and refused to shift into girls.

Félix and Pepa had their theories on what was going on with their child, from being depressed to being really unwell, yet not once did they consider that Cami was figuring out her gender identity, that was untill one morning when Camilo had gone downstairs for breakfast and had a go at Félix when he greeted her as his son.

Camila sat at the breakfast table beside Antonio and Félix, trying to keep her head down she was feeling extremely dysphoric that day and wasn't in the mood to be misgendered and deadnamed. Camila started to play with the bottoms of her sleeves paranoid that someone would magically see the self-inflicted cut that covered her arms.

"Now Camilo, I need you to babysit in town again and then Shapeshift into Dolores and help her for a bit" Abuela ordered not caring about the teen's strange attitude as of late.

"No," Camila said staring at Abuela who was shocked.

"Sorry, what!"Abuela yelled, Camila had never said no to her before.

"I'll babysit sure, but I will not Shift into Dolores" Camila announced.

"And why not Camilo?"Abuela asked not expecting to care about the answer.

"Stop calling me that" Camila screamed having enough.

"My name, is not Camilo it's Camila, I'm trans and quite frankly couldn't care less about your opinion on the matter it's who I am" Camilo exclaimed shocking everyone.

Félix responded by hugging Camila and telling her that he was proud of her

"I accept you Camila that must have taken lots of bravery" Bruno praised.

"Now i have Two daughters" Pepa laughed thrilled.

"Enough!"Abuela shouted."That's enough, Camilo cut out this nonsense and everyone stop encouraging this" Abuela ordered angry beyond belief.

"It's not nonsense Mama" Julietta explained.

"You know what, Camilo when you decided to stop this ridiculous notion and the rest of you stop encouraging it, you can find me in my room" Abuela stormed off.

Camila hadn't noticed that she was crying until Pepa walked around the table and hugged her.

"It'll be alright MI Amorė, she'll come around, and if not then who needs her" Pepa reassured Camila.

"Camila why don't you go upstairs and change, no more playing dress-up as a boy for you" Félix smiled placing his hand on his daughter's shoulder.

Sorry this is short and if it's not that good, I had a lot of trouble writing this, usually, I don't actively try to make characters homophobic or transphobic unless it's nessasery, I am not transgender but five of my best friends are or under the trans umbrella. I hope this chapter didn't go too far and if the person who requested this wants me to change anything about this or add more of anything I will just ask.

-Astro