The yellow skirt.

The yellow skirt.

( self doubt)

Camilo's room appears as a theatre just made sense, he loved dressing up and shapeshifting, it was his gift after all.

The one thing he loved most was shifting into one of the girls because he loved skirts and dresses, not that he would ever admit to it.

Camilo had spent his whole life thinking that Dresses and Skirts were for girls and that his interest in them was a bad thing, When he was thirteen he questioned whether or not he was even a HE confused but he was a boy, he was just a boy who liked 'girly' things.

Camilo's happiest moment was when he managed to buy a knee-high yellow skirt without getting caught.

As far as he was aware a boy wearing a skirt was strange and he feared that his family would hate him if they found out.

Camilo would wear his Skirt whenever he was alone in his room but the fact that anyone could walk in at any time ruined it for him.

The curly-haired boy was usually very careful about when he let himself wear his Skirt but one day he decided that after a partially bad panic attack he wanted to cheer himself up so he thought as long as he took the yellow piece of clothing off before dinner he'd be fine.

He sat on his bed clouring in a colouring book that his sister brought him.

A yawn escaped the boy's mouth, The attack had taken a lot of his energy so he thought why not just take a nap, forgetting about what he was wearing.

Hours passed by as Camilo slept, Doloris was sent to get the young shapeshifter for dinner.

She could hear the soft snores leaving her brothers mouth, so she knew that he would be asleep what she didn't know was that when she went to wake her brother, he would be wearing a dark yellow skirt with rimed patterns at the end of his skirt that matched that of his shirt.

Doloris wondered if she should wake him up or let him sleep, not wanting him to know she knew.

It was clearly a secret since he had never worn anything 'feminine' in front of the family or her before.

Doloris gently shook Camilo's shoulder causing him to wake up, it took him a second to realise what he was wearing.

"Doloris I can explain" Camilo yelled, clearly worried, he loved nothing more than his family and he would rather live his whole life wearing Skirts and Dresses in secret than risk being hated by them.

"Cami it's okay, the skirt is very pretty," Doloris told her brother who was clearly worried, his signature smile had long fallen and tears rolled down his face.

Camilo hadn't noticed that he was crying until Doloris pulled him into a hug.

"Please don't hate me, I know skirts are for girls" Camilo cried.

" now who told you that?" Doloris asked.

Earring a simple shrug.

" Last time I checked clothes don't have a gender, Hermanito I Don't hate you"

Doloris promised with a smile hoping to get Camilo to smile back.

" Now it's time for dinner, so why don't you come down and eat," Doloris asked.

" Okay, I'll get changed" Camilo frowned.

" you know you don't have to Cariño, your skirt is pretty and I am sure our family would agree".

Camilo slowly nodded at Doloris reaching his hand out wanting her to hold it.

Hand in hand the two siblings walked down the stairs before sitting next to each other at the dinner table.

The family looked shocked when Camilo walked in.

Some peoples shock turns to smiles others continued eating.

" Camilo!" Abuela's voice boomed from the end of the table.

" Yes, Abuela" Camilo responded nervously.

" That's a very nice skirt".

Camilo quickly learned that no one in his family cared what he wore and all that fear that had built up over the months was for nothing.

Please tell me about all my mistakes or comment on a storyline that you'd like me to try. I am going to add a requests/comments chapter (:

-Astro.