➪[𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜]

☀︎︎

"Why are you acting so weird?" I ask my little sister. She was sitting there smiling to herself, playing with her hair and whispering past tense things.

What the hell?

"Nothing," She says coldly, "stop being so fucking intrusive Y/n." She rolls her eyes and walks off.

"Okay..?" I mutter to myself putting my jacket on.

'Milo invited me to just walk around, but since summer was over, it was getting colder. Just a tad. Not to much though.

I open the front door yelling out to my dad that u was going to be out for a few hours today. I see Camilo standing there with a grin. "You ready amor?" He asks. I smile and nod.

"Where's Carlos?" I ask him, he doesn't look at me he just keeps looking forward.

"Don't know, he's acting weird today. Keeps saying he's having a really bad day cause of last night. Dinner went fine as far as I know." He states grabbing my hand.

His voice seemed upset, not like the mad kind, like he was genuinely worried for his brother. Whatever happened after dinner between them we had no idea about.

I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze making him smile. "I'm sure something happened. She's all giddy today, he's the opposite." I reminiscence.

He nods and redirects me to the split in the mountains. It never got fixed, that's what Mirabel said. After they lost the miracle all the gifts were gone, Casita broke down, and the village was split down the middle.

Making our way through the split mountain Camilo breaks the silence, "I come here sometimes, when I feel like I don't know... just ending things." He shrugs.

"Why do you feel like that now?" I ask him running my hand along the crumbling rock.

"I don't, not now. I just wanted to share something special with someone special. You know?" He says initiating towards me.

So this is Camilos soft side?

"Yeah, I do." I reply, then the silence starts again.

Walking farther past, we're out of the Encanto now, I see a river there. It's colorful and simple all at the same time.

He grabs my hand again and pulls me faster towards it sitting next to it.

After sitting here for about twenty minutes, nobody's dared to say a word. "Thank you." He whispers lifting his head up from his knees.

"For what?" I ask placing me hand behind me. "For being here with me." He replies again, nothing above a whisper.

"Of course! That's what friends are for."

"That's not what I meant."

"What did you mean then?"

"I don't wanna be just friends."

"What...?"

"I like you Y/n. Alot more than what anyone probably has, and this time for the right reasons. Not just because we got high and fucked. I like you because you're you..." He says getting quiet.

"And I admire you for it." He says getting quiet again.

He likes me? I mean I guess I caught on but I thought he just liked me as a friend. Not like that...

"You're cool too! I mean you shape-shift!" I say trying to brighten his mood. He didn't budge, smile, anything. It seemed like his mood got worse.

"That's why I admire you. You know who you are.. I don't even know what my favorite song is. I'm always someone else. Around you I can be me." He states tears brimming his eyes.

I don't want to see him cry, but at the same time if that's what he needs to do to express his emotion, I'm going to let him.

I lay my head on his shoulder and bring myself closer to him. At this point he's just crying, he can't stop either. I don't want to sit here, so I bring myself to comfort him.

"Breathe Camilo, we'll figure it out together." I whisper.
He wraps his arms around me pulling me closer than before and burying his face in my hair.

"Okay." He says shaky trying to stop himself from sobbing.

After a while he does stop, and we just sit there in the same position, we hadn't moved at all.

"It's gonna be fineee!" I jump up saying, helping him up. "How can you confirm?" He jokes grabbing waist and pulling me in.

"I know because, we can do this together,"

"You said that already." He laughs.

"Actually together." I smile.

I do.
I really do.
I like Camilo Madrigal.

His face softened as he blushed, I chuckled giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

A

fterwards, I immediately walk away, "What the fuck! Wait up amor!" He yells chasing after me.

~{Later}~

"Hey, Elosie?" I ask knocking on her door than slightly opening it.

"Yeah?" She says looking up.

"Can we not do anymore secrets please? Carlos is complaining about having a bad night... what happened?" I ask upset.

"Why do you care?" She snaps at me. What the hell? "You guys aren't dating so why the fuck does it matter?!" She yells at me.

"What happened LAST NIGHT?" I ask a bit stern.

"..."

"You fucking what."