[𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝙳𝚊𝚎𝙻𝚊]

"And not just because we got high and fucked.."

____________________________________

Camilo and Carlos share a quick glance at the dinner table. They've been quieter than usual, and it seems to be only Félix and Agustín have taken a notice.

"So, boys, how were your chores today?" Agustín asks clearing his throat. Carlos keeps his head hung low and Camilo looks at his tío. "Ah, nada mucho tío, gracias por preguntar./ Ah, nothing much uncle, thank you for asking though."

Agustín looks at him a bit longer before sighing and putting his silverware down.
"Carlos? You?"

"Deja de hacer preguntas./Stop asking questions." He states gripping his spoon tightly. Félix hits his son upside the head shooting him a dissatisfied glare.

"Be nice to your elders boy." He lectures him leaving Camilo to chuckle lightly.

They had no idea where you, nor their hermana/sister was. All they had known was what Totino was allowed to tell them. They were hanging out for the day.

"Pa, I have a question." Camilo speaks up. "Sì?/Yes?"

"Let's say... you liked this girl, but you're not sure if she likes you or another person better. How would you figure that out?" He asks hiding the fact he was talking about you.

"You have a girl in mind?" Félix asks taking a bite of his vegetables. 

Camilos nods and looks at Carlos.
Carlos looks back at him, anger and annoyance danced across his eyes.

"It depends really, so this girl likes you, but you think she might like someone else aswell? I'm guessing I know who this person must be." Félix adds, gaining attention from everyone at the table.

"Have you ever thought that-"

-●☆●-

"Wait you like them both?" Hannah asks shocked. You sigh and rub your temple.

"I said I think I do." You correct making them sit back relived. Dolores laughs and takes another bite of her empadana.

"I think you do, just maybe one you have more intimate feelings for." Dolores chimes in catching the attention of her two friends. Hannah nods aggressively before taking the empadana out of Dolores' mouth and shoving it in theirs.

"Sounds.. reasonable. Also, hey, do you know anything about Camilos' exes?" You ask remembering what he brought up the day he confessed.

You know it had no context, and you didn't want to necessarily ask in that exact moment.
"Oh yeah, which one?" Dolores replies taking a sip of water.

"Got high and fucked. From his words, not mine." You say fidgeting with the hem of your sleeve.

"Amelia DaeLa. A cunt. Camilo may seem like he's had a great life, but in reality, he's just as fucked up as Carlos." Dolores sighs.

Hannah nods before chiming in, "Yeah, when Camilo first got addicted to drugs and shit because of that little, mind my language, fucking bitch, me and Dolores were up all night. She couldn't stop crying, felt like it was her fault because she didn't speak up for him when shit went down."

Your heart practically stopped. "What kind.."

"All sorts, besides for random ass pills, coke, and fetynol. Oxy, aderall, and weed were like... his go to. Due to Ms. Amelia." Hannah continues. Dolores stays quiet, shifting uncomfortably. "I should've said something once I knew about it. Mami could've helped him. Carlos helped, so did Antonio. All I did was listen, I was to scared to take action." She says coldly.

Hannah sits up and places a hand on her back, "Listening can save a person's life, he just needed someone to talk too, and you were there for him. You did more than enough." She reassures her friend.

"Antonio knew?" You ask.

Dolores shook her head, "No, just his existence helped. Seeing Antonio everyday helped him stay clean because he wanted to be a good older brother."

"In other words, father material." Hannah jokes raising her eyebrows making all three of us laugh.

"Yeah, she's a whore though, she literally used him for being a Madrigal. Not only that but his addiction only started because he was pressured into it." Hannah explains. Dolores nods and air quotes, "It's not that big of a deal. Nobody's gonna know. Just do it. Don't be a baby. It's not that bad."

Your heart aches for him. It also makes you sick on how easy it is for him to mask himself the way he does.
Like Carlos for example, if he's upset, he looks upset. If he's happy, he's smiling."

Camilo just smiles all the time, unless one of his mood swings shows up unexpectedly.
"The rage fits come from not getting the dopamine his brain wants from the substances." Dolores explains. Makes sense.

"Carlos just grew up in Camilos shadow. He never gets praise from anyone but me, Mami, pa, and now you. Even if it's as small as not biting his nails out of anxiety for a day, nobody really takes time to notice." She rants making you stay quiet.

"Amelia, being the fucker she is, harassed Carlos then made him promise to never tell anyone. He told Camilo, then Camilo got mad, and then Amelia lied and said that never happened and she would never even kiss someone as worthless as him. Still, Carlos hasn't told Camilo what actually happened. They literally stopped talking for years, you're the only reason they've began talking again."

"Where is Amelia now?" You ask sitting back against the couch.

"Killed herself last May." Hannah deadpans. "You know.. I feel for her, she overdosed because everyone hated her for what she did to the Madrigals. I can't say I don't feel bad, but I can't bring myself to say she wasn't a bad person." They finish.

"Oh.. well uhm, I'm sad someone lost their daughter. They didn't deserve that, it must've been very tough on them. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to lose a child." You sigh shaking your head.

Dolores bounces her leg and bites her bottom lip. "If I lost Xinema I'd lose myself. She's my angel, I can't lose her. Ever." She says letting the tears fall down her face.

"I love my baby to much to let her go. I'd rather feed Mariono poison." She whispers digging her nails into her forearm. "Your own husband? The man you tried to desperately to be with, even while with Isabela. You would kill him then rather lose a child." Hannah asks. She knew the answer, she just wanted to hear her say it.

"Yes. I'd fight God hand on hand for my little princesa/princess." Dolores states in her mom voice.

Hannah sighs as do you.

"Me too."

"I don't even like Mariono, him or Pepa? I'm taking Pepa and leaving him to the wolves." Hannah jokes lightly lifting the mood.

-●☆●-

"I fully accept you Taryn."

"I don't. You don't make Y/n happy. If she wishes to be with a woman she can, I don't care if it's both of the twins from the Madriagls, but you will never have my blessing."