Chapter 26 - Collecting...

"It was all so overwhelmingShe was like, "I don't know, don't tell me"He had eyes that said, "Girl, I'll save you"She had doubts, like they might not make itSo they both held tight to face itThere were vows, she was bound to take 'emShe was full o...

She was like, "I don't know, don't tell me"
He had eyes that said, "Girl, I'll save you"
She had doubts, like they might not make it
So they both held tight to face it
There were vows, she was bound to take 'em
She was full of such trepidation
There in front of the whole damn nation"

- With you - Mariah Carey

JONGWOO

I watched as she uncomfortably shifts in her seat before sneaking a glance at me. I smile slightly as I rest my hand on top of hers.

"You do know I plan to marry you right," I stated. Empress's eyebrows furrowed, she opened her mouth to say something before closing it.

"How do you even know this is going to work, Mr. Kim," she replied making my jaw tick. She loved calling me that. Love turning me on, it seems.

"This is going to work believe that, Miss Black," I declared making her gasp. She chuckled hysterically before shaking her head.

"We haven't even said I love you to each other and you're already talking about marriage? JongWoo-"

"I love you,"

Empress paused as her eyes met mine. As if those three words had taken her breath away while she sat there looking at me not saying anything at all.

My heart pained at the awkward silence.

"How do I know you aren't going to leave after you get what you want? After you get bored or annoyed by me?" she expressed something her old self would never.

"I would never leave you," I began interlocking our hands together.

"You d-don't know that," she replied her voice cracking while her hands began watering.

"My d-dad left me, my family, my mom and"

"Empress, Baby, I would never leave you I'm obsessed with you as it is," she inhaled as she stared at me, her eyes showing me everything like an opened book.

By Everything, I meant her thoughts, her doubts, her fears, her emotions. As if she was revealing her pages to me.

"Empress, I love you. I loved you from the moment saw you and it wouldn't take me years to know that I want you to be the woman of my life, my partner, my wife even the mother of my kids if want to have kids," She took a deep breath before exhaling as she leaned in placing a soft kiss on my lips.