Chapter SIXTY-FIVE

Nicholas's P.O.V

Guns were pointed at our backs as we walked along a passage that had a door at the end of it. I looked around, looking for a way of escape. My heart pounded heavily in my chest as I regretted involving my family in this.

I looked at Zoey who's lips were quivering and eyes were filled with fear. Eddy didn't take his eyes off her as he continued to give her a reassuring look. She looked at me and I looked away immediately. Fuck, I should have never involved them.

Mixing family with business never ended well. Thoughts ran across my mind as I planned ways we could escape of all which could end with all of us being shot dead. I kept my plan to myself as I silently cursed. Elijah kept a straight expression as he glanced at me asking me with his eyes if there was anything I could do.

I shook my head and I watched his jaw clench before he continued looking forward. I wonder how Alex was doing. If the bastard hurts her, I would fucking kill him. I have never killed a person before. Ofcourse I've shot at, beaten, strangled and stabbed people but they never resulted to death.

"Move!" One of the gunmen with a red bandana tied tightly around his wrist pushed Zoey harshly. She whimpered as she bit on her lower lip in fear. I looked at her with worry then at the guan whose face was hidden in the darkness.

"Don't fucking touch her" I said to the gunman as he hit the back of my head with his gun. I felt liquid run down my face and drop on my shoulder. A sharp sting at the back of my head made me hiss in pain.

"Shut your mouth!" The gunman said as he nudged me with the gun to keep moving. Zoey looked at me, blinking out tears. I gave a strained smile and continued to walk.

This should have never happened. It would have been just me. Venom should have never found out about Zoey. Then he wouldn't have had her kidnapped that day. Then he wouldn't have told her everything. Everything I didn't want her to know. Well, not totally everything. And she wouldn't be here.

We got to the end of the passage and in front of the door. Another gunman opened the door and I noticed there was a pistol on the waistband of his trousers. This gunman had black gloves on. In the windowless room was a small chair at a corner and an old mattress laying on the floor.

"No, she's not here" I heard the third gunman say. The darkness didn't let me see his face either. "Okay" he said again and I concluded he was talking to someone through an earpiece.

"Go in" he said as he nudged me. I glanced at the gun on the waistband of the gunman with gloves on as we entered the room. I need to get that gun.

He closed the door and I heard the click of the lock. I dropped my hands by my sides and cursed under my breath again. Zoey ran over to me as she stared at my had in worry.

"You're bleeding Nick" She stated the obvious as her finger reached up to touch my hair. It stung but I need to find a way out of here before we all die here. I'm sure the police won't start looking for us and they'll wait for twenty four hours again.

"I know, Zo. " I said as I slowly removed her hand from my head. My eyes scanned the entire room and I realized there were no cameras. "Listen everyone" I started as they looked at me, alert.

"What's up?" Elijah said as they hurdled around me. Eddy took Zoey's hands in his and gave her a reassuring squeeze. She smiled at him and he wipes her tear stained cheeks. I raised an eyebrow at them and Eddy cleared his throat, embarrassed.

"All our weapons have been taken from us...or does anyone have any extras?" I asked hopefully as I looked around. Zoey scratched the back of her head as she stuck her hand inside the bust of her shirt. She brought out a pocket knife and handed it to me.

"Urm....for protection" she said as Elijah raised a eyebrow at her. I used two fingers to hold the pocket knife as Eddy smirked at me.

"It's still filthy Zo" I cringed as I tucked the knife in the back pocket of my jeans.

"Okay. So one of the gunmen has a pistol. I don't know if you noticed but he has gloves on. We need to escape to save Alex so we'll need the pistol." I said.

"That's not a plan Nick" Elijah said as he looked at me. I sighed and opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off. "We should have left this to the police. It's just getting more and more complicated. Look at Bex" he said. He has a point but I was too impatient to wait twenty four fucking hours.

"You should have stayed back then. What was Luke talking about back there?" I asked Eli, raising an eyebrow.

He shifted uncomfortably and shrugged "Nothing much" he muttered.

"I hope you're on our side, Elijah" I said emphasizing on his name.

"Let's focus on how to escape. We'll sort this out later" Eddy said, still holding onto Zoey's hand.

"There's nothing to sort" Elijah snorted as he walked to the side of the wall.

"There's nothing to sort? You've got to be fucking kidding me Elijah because you have a lot to explain to me" I scoffed and Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"And you think you're clean? How about you start with your explanation first? Because I'd very much like to know why you've been fucking Alex behind my back. Your reaction proves everything" He yelled at me. I felt my blood go hot. What the fuck?

"What the hell Elijah, get a hold of yourself!" Zoey yelled at Elijah. He scoffed and took a step forward.

"Why? You also think your brother is a saint?" He said and faked a gasp. "Oh I'm sorry, Miss perfect relationship. I'm sorry to break it to you but Nicholas here is a drug dealer who has done horrible--"

I punched his mouth angrily cutting off his statement. He fell to the ground on his back. I breathed heavily as I looked at my Eddy who hugged my sister. "Every decision I made, every fucking one was for a good reason! And you know that man, why the fuck are you bringing this up ?" I said, my breathing ragged.

Eli spat out blood and stood up, glaring at me. "Because you were fucking Alex behind my back, Nick. You betrayed me" he said.

"I never fucked Alex for fuck's sake, Elijah! I would never do that to you, you're my fucking bestfriend!" I yelled at him. He didn't look convinced.

"Your reaction tells a different story and you except me to--"

"That's because I have feelings for her okay?" I cut him off a second time. Fuck. No, no, I shouldn't have said that. Eli didn't look like he wanted to kill me anymore. Instead he looked relieved. The reason for that, I didn't know.

This time around, three pairs of eyes stared at me after my confession. I ran my hands through my hair. I didn't want to admit it but I felt relived sort of after saying that.

"I mean--" The unplanned explanation was about to start spilling from my mouth but I was interrupted by a knock from the wall. I thought I was hearing things but I heard it again.

Eddy and Zoey gave me alarming looks and Eli looked in the direction of the knocking sound. Is there another room? We heard the knock again. I slowly walked towards the wall and placed my let my palm rest on it. The wall pushed open and my eyes met with the person I came to help.

Her hair was disheveled and scattered. Her face was dirty from dirt and dried tears and some strands of her hair was sticking to her face. Her lips were chapped and parted in surprise as her eyes went from me to the people behind me.

Beating me to it, Zoey ran over to her and enveloped her in a hug "Alex!" She cried.

×××××××××××××××××
20/03/2022