Chapter 28 - Betrayal

"So tell me what you need from me nowI'm not what you need to be nowCause I'm done with it nowNo more damages now," - Tems ~ Damages

I'm not what you need to be now
Cause I'm done with it now
No more damages now,"
- Tems ~ Damages

EMPRESS

"Empress!" Alissa's voice yelled as Empress's eyes widen in shock.

"Alyssa?" She called as she saw Marcus follow quickly behind her. Why would Marcus bring her here? She thought to herself.

Daku only smiled brightly when he saw Marcus while Marcus was scarce to see him.

"Marcus why did you bring Alyssa here?! This is already dangerous as it is!" Empress pressed but Marcus ignored her before looking at Daku.

"You cannot take Empress," he declared but Daku only chuckled before folding his arms making his muscled flexed before he flickered his eyes over to JongWoo then brought them back to Marcus.

He clenched his jaw staring down at Marcus since he was a tall man.

"It's in the contract," he growled leaning down a bit to Marcus' height.

"A contract which I made and your lawyer or whatever didn't manage to read one fine print," Marcus smirked as he rested in his hands in his pockets.

JongWoo stood not saying curious to see what Marcus had to say before she knocked him upside his head.

"That if anything shall happen to Edgar Black back whoever shall stake their claim on his daughter, shall she belong to them," Marcus started making Daku clench his jaw.

He suddenly moved his eyes to one of his men before motioning them over.

"Kristoff, remember when you told me that you read thoroughly through the contract and everything was to my liking," Kristoff gulped as sweat trailed down his forehead.

"I-I" Daku smiled as he swung his right arm around Kristoff's neck.

He held out his left hand motioning for his men to place a gun in hand.

"Shhhh," he consoled bringing the gun to Kristoff temple.

Everyone stayed silent as they watch Daku and Kristoff.

"S-Sir," Kristoff stuttered Daku again smiled.

"Shhh, it's alright Kristoff, I'm sure you'll do better next time," Kristoff exhale while Daku pats his back.

"In a different life," Daku deadpanned as he pulled the trigger placing a bullet into Kristoff's head.

His body slumped to the grown while Empress tried to scream but nothing came out.

Everyone else shook their head used to seeing a murder.

"Now that's settled, I'll take my leave for now but I'll be back,"

"No you won't," JongWoo replied.

"Actually, I will," he snickered handing his gun to one of his men. Empress stared Daku down analyzing him.

He was handsome for sure but something about him screamed psycho.

Empress stilled when Daku's eyes made contact with hers.

"And make sure get someone to clean this up for me, that'll be good, thanks, " Daku scoffed before making his exit.

As soon as Daku was out the door Jongwoo bolted towards Marcus taking him into a chokehold.

"What the hell did you and the old man do with Empress?"Marcus gasped for air while Jongwoo tightened his hold on him. Empress ran towards Jongwoo pleading with him to let Marcus go.

"JongWoo let him go!" Alissa yelled resting her hands on JongWoo's arms. Sucking his teeth he released Marcus who began coughing for air.

"It wasn't me it was her father," Marcus panted out. "But you were there! You could've stopped him! What the hell was black thinking?!" JongWoo argued.

Alissa helped Marcus to his feet before glaring at King.

"I tried but Black wouldn't listen, he was about to lose everything so he used his daughter to compensate it knowing you would protect her when he's gone,"

"Why didn't you tell me?" JongWoo questioned.

"I-I couldn't," JongWoo growled in frustration.

"What if he had reached her before we had gotten her?" Marcus shook his head before looking at Alissa.

"We had very close eyes on her you know that," Marcus explained.

"Four men? You think that would've been enough to protect her?" Jongwoo scowled but again Marcus shook his head.

JongWoo looked over to Empress who stayed quiet as if deep in thought. Immediately he pulled her into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Baby he apologized kissing her forehead. Empress's eyes welled up with tears as she thought of her father selling her off to a Yakuza man.

And this is the actions of a man who was supposed to be her father?

"We had a well-trained agent who held a close eye on her," Marcus continued. "Who?" JongWoo mumbled.

"M-Me," Alissa spoke up as her eyes met with Empress. Empress's heart pinged as she felt an emotion she couldn't falter.

Betrayal?

"Excuse me?" Empress's voice cracked as she pulled herself away from JongWoo. "Empress's I had to protect you and keep a close eye on you so-"

"So you pretended to be my friend? You pretended to take interest in me," Alissa gasped as she shook her head repeatedly.

"Do you genuinely like me? Are you only did this to report to my father and Marcus?" Empress felt her heartbreak at all the memories of Alissa.

All that times she talked to Empress trying to get her to tell her about herself, her life. It was all because she was sent by her father.

"Empress of course I like you, you're like a sister to me," Alissa expressed but Empress clenched her fist.

"Sister?! You were paid to like me! To be my friend! To put up with me all those years! We are far from sisters Alissa!" Empress yelled. She flinched when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder.

"Is Alissa even your real name?" Alissa shook her head not knowing what to say.

Empress huffed before turning to JongWoo.

"I want to get out of here now," JongWoo nodded his head taking her hand.

"And I want you out of MY HOUSE tonight!" Empress growled.

____________________