three

"bee? is that you?" daisy called out for y/n as she heard the front door open and close. she was surprised that she was home so soon. usually if y/n was down at the studio, she'd come home during the early hours of the morning, but it was only eight pm by now.

   y/n sighed heavily, shrugging off her light jacket and stepping out of her shoes. "yeah, it's me." y/n called back to daisy, her feet dragging against the floor as she walked into the living room where daisy sat waiting.

   daisy smiled as her fiancée entered the dim room, sitting down her book on the glass coffee table. her smile soon dropped as she saw how tired y/n looked and noticed the way her feet were dragging along.

   "did she bother you, bee?" she sighed, wrapping her arms around y/n as she sat down next to her. y/n shook her head, cuddling further into daisy.

   "not really, no. she was rude in the beginning, but i guess she got better...i guess," she shrugged, interlocking her hand with daisy's. the latter giggled, pressing her lips to y/n's cheek gently.

"well, you know that if she does, you can always tell me." daisy whispered against the singers ear, resting her chin on her shoulder. y/n nodded, but internally felt bad and useless since daisy was always fighting her battles for her.

it wasn't like y/n told her to, she just did it on her own. and even though y/n didn't like it much and it only made her look weaker, she didn't have the heart to tell daisy.

"yeah, i know," y/n sighed, turning around in daisy's arms so her head could rest comfortably on her chest. "i love you," she whispered, soon feeling herself grow tired.

daisy smiled gently, kissing the top of y/n's head. "i love you more bee."

——

the two singers met up again on friday as scheduled. y/n had been writing almost constantly since wednesday, and she had an entire verse written out. ariana texted her yesterday informing her that she came up with an idea for the chorus, but they could talk about that together and see where they wanted to go with it.

besides being a total bitch, y/n admired that ariana could pause the attitude for just enough time so they could get done what needed to be done.

this time around, y/n was the one running late instead of ariana. her alarm had gone off late this morning so she was already in shambles, she had a minor argument with her manager, and to top it all off, the lovely la traffic.

she was practically running down the halls of the studio building, fumbling with her keys, phone, and songbook in her hands. she was only a short fifteen minutes late—short compared to ariana's near hour—but y/n still felt like shit because she had left ariana waiting.

"fuck me, fuck, fuck, fuck," y/n muttered to herself, shoving her belongings in one hand so the other was free to open the door. she pushed it open the rest of the way with her body, using her foot to kick it closed.

"i'm so sorry i was late, my day just hasn't really been the best and..." she trailed off as she turned around, her eyes latching onto ariana and dalton on the couch, making out like ariana had no plans at all.

"oh," y/n muttered, feeling the heat raise to her face. "s-should i just come back?" she questioned, gesturing to the door.

ariana hummed against dalton's lips as he groped her, holding up one finger as if she was telling y/n to wait. y/n nodded slowly, shifting her eyes to anywhere else but to the couple.

   the awkward situation lasted only a few more seconds before ariana stood from dalton's lap, stifling a laugh at the bulge in his pants. he frowned, using his hands to cover himself up.