eighteen

"what do you want dalton?" ariana snapped as she closed the bedroom door behind her, her arms crossed.

   dalton was breathing heavily, and ariana could smell the alcohol reeking off of his body. she grimaced, "have you been drinking? i thought you were at work?"

   he completely disregarded her as he threw his arms out. "why is she here, ariana." dalton's voice was gravely and angry as he spoke. "and don't fucking lie to me, alright?!"

   ariana jumped back as he screamed at her, her back hitting against the door. she tried to recover herself, pushing off the door. "are you stupid, dalton? we won an award for the song we wrote tonight, why the fuck wouldn't she be here?"

   dalton scoffed, pushing his sweaty and greasy hair back. "bullshit, ariana. just because you won a fucking award doesn't mean you have to be hanging all over her at the show!"

   ariana scoffed back, "i wasn't! where the fuck are you getting this from?!"

   "it's all over the goddamn internet ariana! i can see the way you're looking at her, and it's disgusting. i am your fiancé, not her. why can't you get that through your thick skull?!" dalton yelled back, his hands waving which alerted ariana.

   he had never been so drunk or so angry with her, and she had no clue what he would do.

"just because you won an award together doesn't mean you get to act like this," dalton continued, a deep frown on his lips. "fucking gross," he whispered to himself.

ariana could feel herself grow angry with the man before her. he wasn't the man she had met when he sold her this home, he wasn't the man she asked out, and he wasn't the man that asked her to marry him.

her chest heaved as she walked towards him, pointing her finger in his chest. "you know what, dalton?! i'm fucking done with you!" she screamed, hoping the loud music would cover up their arguing to everyone else.

"you're so goddamn jealous, i can't fucking do anything without you pouncing on me! and for the last few months, all you ever want me for is sex! i'm not a fucking pocket pussy, dalton! i don't care how many times you say it, you don't love me. and i sure as hell don't love you either."

ariana's eyes were watering because of how angry she was as she gripped the ring that wrapped around her finger, sliding it off. she grabbed dalton's hand and placed the ring in his palm, staring into his eyes.

"i'm not marrying you anymore," she whispered, dropping his hand.

dalton didn't even look sad or upset, he just looked angry. his face was burning red and his eyes were bulging wide. "fine, if that's what you want." he returned, shoulder checking her as he walked to the door.

he grasped the door knob in his hand, shaking his head as he opened the door and began to walk out. "fuckin' ungrateful slut," he muttered under his breath, and then he walked out the door and out of ariana's life.

——

y/n stood outside in the front, shivering as her wet body wasn't used to being outside of the warm water just yet. it was getting quite late, and alexa had to work tomorrow, so she was heading home to rest up and be ready for work.

alexa locked her phone and placed it back in her damp jean shorts, looking back up at y/n who squinted at the headlights that pointed straight at her. the blonde smiled, standing on her toes to wrap her in a hug, pressing her lips to her cheek right on the lipstick mark that had practically faded in the water.

y/n hugged her back, giggling as alexa kissed her wet shoulder. "i'll see you tomorrow, okay babe?" alexa whispered against her ear before pulling back.