twelve

"did you like dinner?" y/n questioned ariana as they walked down the sidewalk. they walked side by side, ariana holding onto y/n's arm tightly.

   ariana looked up at her, smiling widely. "mh-hm! thank you for taking me and for paying; even though i told you not to," she bumped y/n's hip with hers, pouting at her.

y/n giggled to herself. "you paid for my coffee all that time ago, so it's my turn to pay for you." y/n moved her hips and bumped ariana back, laughing when ariana stumbled a little.

the two could only walk a few paces longer before ariana whined, stopping her steps. y/n stopped with her and frowned, "hey, you okay?" ariana looked up with an overdramatic frown, "my feet hurt," she whined.

   y/n smiled, rolling her eyes. "right..so what do you want me to do about it?" she chuckled, crossing her arms across her chest. ariana just stared up at her with doe eyes, making y/n's heart flutter.

   "okay, come here," y/n turned around, bending her knees to tell ariana to jump on her back. ariana smiled brightly and took off her heels before wrapping her arms around y/n's neck and jumping on her back.

   y/n picked her up with ease, a blush spreading on ariana's cheeks. she gripped tightly under ariana's thighs as ariana took a real leap of faith, pressing her lips to y/n's warm cheek.

   y/n felt herself blush and her knees go weak, her grip accidentally loosening. "uh, can i take you somewhere, do you think?" she asked the girl on her back, trying to distract herself from the feeling in her stomach.

   ariana nodded excitedly, "yes please. can you tell me where?" she asked, turning her nose into y/n's neck, inhaling her comforting scent. y/n giggled, "no, you'll see when we get there. and, did you just sniff me?"

   ariana whined in embarrassment. "you smell good, leave me alone!"

——

"we're here!" y/n cheered, bending down to let ariana off her back. ariana frowned to herself as her feet were placed back on the floor and y/n's hands were back at her own sides.

she looked up at the building anyway, not noticing the way y/n was looking at her. she wet her lips quickly, admiring the way ariana's eyes glistened in the light that beamed off the building, her glossed lips shining.

ariana snapped y/n out of her thoughts as she spoke up, "what is here?" she giggled, looking back to y/n with her bottom lip between her teeth.

y/n smiled as she thought back to her mother. "my mom had a dance studio—that's why she used to dance with me all the time," she grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her towards the entrance of the building. "she would take me here all the time for her classes, and, you know, when my dad would get angry and we both needed a place to escape."

y/n dug the keys out of her pocket to unlock to front door of the studio y/n now owned herself. she pushed the door open gently and flipped the lights on. there were mirrors lining the walls, and on one wall hung a billion photos.

the lighting wasn't harsh, but it wasn't dark, creating a relaxing environment. the floor was a nice, light wood; a contrast to the dark color of the walls not covered with mirrors.

ariana looked back at y/n with the cutest and biggest smile. "awe, y/n/n! this is so cute!" she squealed, removing her hand from y/n's as she ran over to the wall filled with pictures, her eyes scanning each one looking for anything of y/n.

y/n kept her eyes on ariana as she stared in wonder, her heart racing and skipping a beat at just how beautiful she was. ariana suddenly gasped loudly, pointing her nailed finger to a photo. "oh my god! y/n, is that you?"