nine

(yall...it's a disorder...i can't stop 😔)

a/n: btw, strap in for this one.

——

almost a month has passed since ariana and y/n recorded off the table, and it was now time for the countless interviews and everything that the two of them hated.

"okay you guys. remember, stay focused on the song and try and dodge as many questions you don't feel comfortable answering. alright? i don't want either of you freaking out on me and becoming the next britney. we're good?" frank, y/n's manager explained to the both of them like they were little children.

y/n giggled, placing her ringed hand on franks tense shoulder. "man, it's okay! both of us have done this a million times before, we know what to expect."

ariana giggled beside her and nodded. "yeah, we'll be okay," she looked over to her own manager, sending him a reassuring smile. ariana was quite excited for the interview, but probably because y/n was going to be with her.

on the other hand, y/n wanted to stick a gun in her mouth and pull the trigger. interviewers always pried at y/n more than they did other celebrities, and it was obvious as to why. yes, y/n was very open to the public about her condition and she wasn't hiding it, but besides that, she didn't like to talk about it and she wouldn't talk about it. it seems like that's all people want to know about her. it sucked ass.

"ariana grande and y/n y/l/n?" a crew member asked the two of them, gaining their attention. "if you guys are ready, so is she." y/n gave him a firm nod, causing him to give one back and walk away.

y/n looked down at the shorter girl, releasing a deep breath. "you ready?" ariana smirked. "as ready as i'll ever be."

y/n chuckled as she grabbed ariana's wrist, gently pulling her over to the chairs where their future interviewer was reading over her questions. y/n helped ariana take a seat on the couch closest to the woman's chair.

she sat down next to her in the other cushion, running her hands down her thighs anxiously. ariana noticed, frowning as she placed a hand on top of y/n's. "it's okay, i'm right here." she whispered, ensuring only y/n could hear her.

the taller woman gave her a small smile as a thank you, sitting up when she saw the woman turn towards them.

"everyone ready?" someone from behind then camera's asked. all three of them nodded before y/n and ariana looked to the woman, sending her nice smiles.

the camera started rolling, and the woman began speaking. "hello there ladies and gentleman, i am tara walters! today i am with two very talented singers that we all love and adore, ariana grande and y/n y/l/n!"

tara introduced the two, causing the camera's to cut to the one facing the singers. ariana gave a cute smile, sending a little wave. y/n quickly took on the carefree personality she put on during every interview, giving a goofy smile and an overdramatic wave. ariana giggled beside her before turning back to tara.

tara smiled at the two, crossing her legs together. "it's so lovely to meet both of you!" she spoke excitedly, a blush coating her pale cheeks.

"it's good to meet you too, tara," y/n returned the gesture, brining her right foot up to rest it on her left knee, her hand cupping over her ankle.

"yes, it's amazing to meet you! and let me just say, i really like your dress!" ariana complimented, her dimples popping out on her cheeks.

tara's blush grew heavier as the pop star complimented her. she gave her a small nod of appreciation. "well, these two have some very exciting news for fans of theirs. ariana, would you like to inform the viewers?"