thirty four

november 22

   "babyyy, wake up." y/n dragged out her voice, making sure to whisper so she didn't agitate her girlfriend even more.

   usually, ariana would smack y/n with a pillow, but a smile crossed her face this time once she knew what day it was. she slowly flipped around in bed, her smile only growing as she saw y/n sitting at the edge of the bed, breakfast sitting in her lap.

   "morning," she grumbled, rubbing her tired eyes as she sat up against the headboard.

   y/n smiled, carefully scooting up to sit next to her. she adjusted the tray so that it sat between them. leaning over, she pecked ariana's lips, not caring if the girl hadn't brushed her teeth yet.

   "happy anniversary, ari. i love you." she whispered, kissing her lips again. ariana smiled, tilting her head to deepen it as she grabbed the back of y/n's neck.

   "mm, okay. as much as i'd love to continue this, i'm really hungry." y/n mumbled as she tried to pull away, but ariana pulled her back in for another quick kiss.

   ariana smiled, kissing the tip of y/n's nose. "i love you more, loverboy." y/n chuckled, sitting back again as she grabbed for a piece of bacon, biting off a small piece.

   "okay, so i was thinking we could go to the beach and get smoothies from that place on the pier, and then we can go to dinner at seven. and then afterwards we can come home and do whatever you want. sound okay?" y/n asked, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

   ariana giggled, popping a blueberry into her mouth as she leaned her head against y/n's shoulder. "calm down, baby. everything sounds perfect okay?"

   y/n chuckled nervously, scooping a piece of pancake onto her fork. "i'm sorry. i just really want today to go well, you know. it's our first anniversary."

   ariana's permanent smile widened as she reached up, placing her palm against y/n's cheek. "it is perfect. anything with you is perfect."

--

ariana's pov

   "there's like fucking sand under my toenails and it's making me cringe so bad." y/n laughed, taking a sip out of her smoothie.

   i scrunched my nose in disgust as i looked down at her feet before quickly looking away. "why the fuck am i dating you? you're so weird!" i laughed, pushing her arm.

   "cause you looove me," she nudged my hip with her own, a cute giggle leaving her lips. i sighed, squinting at the sun as i looked up at y/n.

   "come here," i mumbled, grabbing her elbow to stop her from walking further. she furrowed her eyebrows as she stopped, turning to face me. i took us both by surprise as i grabbed her hips, pulling her towards me.

   y/n giggled again as she grabbed my cheek with one hand, the other still holding her smoothie as she dipped her head to kiss me. i could feel her smile against my lips as i looped my fingers through her belt loops, tugging her closer.

   y/n pulled away with a happy grin on her face, rubbing her nose with mine. "you heard that camera right?" she whispered, chuckling under her breath.

   i nodded, rolling my eyes. "damn, like can we live?"

--

   "i booked like a private room so maybe we can have some alone time...you know, so no one bothers us?" y/n smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck.

   i smiled, standing on my toes to kiss her cheek. y/n noticeably relaxed and nodded, pulling out my chair for me. i gladly took my seat and giggled as the chair scraped against the floor when she pushed it back in.