twenty one

ariana's pov
(finally)

when y/n kissed me, i instantly knew that i wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. well, i knew that already, but i think this kiss just sealed the deal.

unlike everyone else i've ever dated, she cared. she went slow and was gentle, not one second of the moment was rushed. that was what i longed for, for years when i was in relationships with men.

i had learned that men only wanted one thing from a woman, and that was sex. men were fucking sex monsters and if they didn't get their daily fix, they would combust.

i had first noticed it with sean. now, don't get this twisted because i loved sean and loved my relationship with him, but we both just realized we could work better as friends. and we were right.

but sean's sex drive drove me up the wall. it was every five seconds with, "ari, baby come here." and every time, i knew exactly what he wanted.

with dalton, i didn't start out that way. i thought dalton cared the way i know y/n does, but in a few months that completely changed. after he proposed, he lost that magic that made me say yes in the first place.

like i've said before, i was his pocket pussy and i was tired of it. lord knows i'm happy that fuckers out of my life.

and then, after years of waiting for someone to love me like i wanted someone to, y/n came into my life.

y/n is like a breath of fresh air. she doesn't have one bad bone in her body and it's like she would never hurt a fly. she was so humble despite everything she had; she was grateful, and that was something barley anyone was in our industry.

i had always known she had a big brain just by how beautifully she wrote, so i wasn't even surprised when she told me that she was valedictorian of her graduating class. she was the smartest person i've ever met, and i definitely use her smarts to my advantage.

need someone to help fill out my taxes? y/n. how much is twenty percent of my bill? ask y/n about it. she could get anything within the snap of a finger and i slightly envied her because of it.

the thing i loved the most about y/n is that she's sweet. i had never heard her talk bad about anyone ever, even if someone sucked ass and absolutely deserved it, she just wouldn't say anything bad. it's like it physically hurts her to admit that someone's an asshole.

even if she doesn't know it, y/n taught me how to be a better person. i mean, i don't know if you've noticed, but i'm definitely not as big of a bitch as i used to be.

because of y/n i'm as nice as i possibly can be to anyone i pass by in my life. obviously, there's going to be those people that deserve bitchiness, so i'll give it to them—but still. i was nicer, and it's all because of her.

y/n made me a better person, and i would stand by that until the day i died.

——

ariana was the one to pull away as she gasped for air, her lips swollen and a deep red shade. her forehead gently rested on y/n's as they both tried to catch their breath, the shock from what had just happened finally settling in.

"holy shit," y/n whispered to herself, honestly thinking that she was dreaming and would wake up any second now, lonely in her bed. but she wasn't dreaming, and she smiled once she heard ariana giggle quietly above her.