twenty four

(song: get you by daniel caesar ft. kali uchis)

"hey gorgeous," y/n smiled as she came up from behind ariana. ariana smiled back through the mirror as she pierced the dangly earrings through her ears. "you about ready?"

ariana nodded quietly and laid a hand on y/n's as the other hugged her from behind. "yeah, i guess you are?" she asked, and y/n nodded in confirmation.

"yes because i don't take three hours to get dressed." y/n teased, kissing ariana under her ear.

ariana scrunched up her nose as y/n walked away and slipped on her sneakers before quietly leaving the room and heading downstairs. ariana followed suit and grabbed her heels before trailing behind y/n.

y/n grabbed the keys while ariana sat herself down on the couch and slipped on her shoes. grabbing her purse, she made her way to the front door where her girlfriend was patiently waiting.

"kay kay, i'm ready now," ariana held her hand out to y/n who gently took it with a smile and led them out of the large home.

y/n's album, along with lara's feature song was coming out in just a few hours and they wanted to celebrate. so, y/n and lara, joined by their friends, were throwing a small get together at lara's home.

ariana was sort of dreading it, but she was also quite excited to see the bitch who had been flirting with her girlfriend for the past two months. but ariana swore that if she tried anything, she would go to war.

they sat the short drive in almost complete silence the whole way, y/n sparing glances at ariana anytime they stopped at a light. she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous for ariana and lara to meet, especially since y/n knew that ariana didn't like lara at all.

she just hoped everything would go smoothly.

--

"oh, you're here! we've been waiting for you guys!" lara cheered as she opened the door to the couple. ariana was latching tightly onto y/n's arm, standing her ground.

y/n laughed quietly and walked in, ariana following next to her. she frowned as y/n detached from her and leaned forward to give lara a large hug, a twinge of annoyance panting in her chest.

ariana heard them whispering to each other during the hug that was way too long for her liking, but she couldn't tell what either was saying.

y/n pulled back with a slightly flustered look splattered across her face which made ariana cringe. lara laughed to herself and walked away, the couple following behind again.

y/n wrapped her arm around ariana's shoulder and the girl flinched a little. y/n frowned and pulled her arm off, not wanting to make the other girl uncomfortable in any way.

she sent her a worried look but ariana didn't look back, too lost in her own thoughts of why y/n let go of her so quickly to even think about it.

y/n's mood went back up when she entered the living room and a large group of people jumped up and yelled her name, all clearly very excited for her upcoming album.

miles, who y/n had invited, was already there and ran up to his best friend, wrapping a long arm around her. y/n groaned as he hugged her tightly and ruffled her hair, pushing herself away from the tall man.

"yo, we've been waiting for you! conner and bryant are deciding to challenge us in beer pong and we've been waiting for like half an hour. let's go," miles tugged on her arm and gestured to two other guys that ariana didn't know.