twenty one

(this isn't edited but it will be later lol)

4 months later

   "fuck. do you think she'll like it?" y/n mumbled over the phone as she paced the bedroom. she chewed on her nails as she stared down at her dress shoes tapping against the floor.

   "oh my god, y/n! she'll love it. don't stress out so much." alexa giggled, glancing back and forth her from her bowl of brownie mix to her tablet. she frowned at the stressed out look on her friends face, dropping the spoon and grabbing her tablet in her hands.

   "listen. i helped you shop for that ring for months. i remember the way your face lit up like a goddamn christmas tree when you saw it because you knew ariana would absolutely love it. don't turn back on that now. and plus, this is ariana we're talking about. you could propose with a ring pop and she'd still say yes."

   y/n sat down at the edge of the bed with a sigh, looking at her redhead friend. "yeah, you're right. thanks lexa."

   alexa smiled. "i'm always right y/n/n." she winked, flipping her hair as she placed the tablet down again and resumed baking. "when do you pick her up?"

   y/n glanced at her watch to check the time. "uh, about a half hour. vic said she would text me when she and court were done getting her ready." she sighed nervously, rubbing her free hand on her thighs. her phone pinged and a notification popped up.

   "shit, i gotta go. frankie wants to talk to me. thank you again, so so much." she smiled at the phone as alexa gave her a big thumbs up.

   "you're gonna be great! text me how it goes, okay. love you!" alexa smiled as she grabbed her tablet, hanging up the facetime before y/n could respond.

   y/n chuckled as she immediately called frankie right after, eyes widening as she saw frankie, nonna, and joan staring back at her.

   "omg hey sexy! how's it going?" frankie asked, eyes excited and smile big. y/n puffed out her cheeks and nodded to herself. "uh, it's going. i'm really fucking nervous, but i'll be okay. i think."

   "it's going to be amazing, sweetie. now stand up and show us the outfit." nonna snapped, clapping her hands together as she leaned forward. frankie and joan agreed, all three of them egging her on.

   "okay, okay! i will, jeez," y/n sighed, pushing herself up and propping her phone up on ariana's vanity, stepping back to show of her outfit. she did a spin, rolling her eyes as the three of them started to hoot.

her eyes widened as her phone pinged and she rushed to the vanity, bending down and reading the message from victoria. "oh fuck! she's ready, i gotta go. fuck, i'm gonna piss myself."

joan gave y/n a gentle smile, admiring how nervous she was about proposing to her daughter. "you'll be fine. you don't have to be nervous about her answer, she's been complaining to me that you've taken so long."

   y/n blushed in embarrassment as she grabbed her phone and bid her goodbyes to ariana's family. she sighed as she pocketed her phone, pushing her arms and palms flat against the top of her head.

   "fuck me," she whispered to herself as she grabbed her keys and made her way down the stairs.

——

ariana's pov

   "fuck, she's almost here!" courtney yelled as she read from victoria's phone. i screamed nervously as i held my face with my hands. the three of us were sitting in the living room, the girls sipping on wine and me on a glass of water.