twenty three

y/n and lara had made a lot of progress in just two short weeks, and had already finished over 3/4 of the song. it was a love song, and it was ten times easier to write the song when ariana was in the back of y/n's mind the entire time.

   every time the brunette popped into her head, so would a new idea which really got them moving.

   lara teased y/n for being such a romantic, but y/n would only blush and shrug it off.

   speaking of lara, she let off just a little with the flirting when she somehow realized y/n wasn't interested, but only a little. y/n had come to the conclusion that lara was probably just a big flirt, considering that when lara's friend called her when they were at the studio, lara flirted over the phone like she flirted with y/n.

  since she had come to that conclusion, lara's slight flirting didn't seem to bother y/n too much anymore. she would never flirt with her back, but she wasn't going to blow up on her and yell at her to stop. she just brushed it off—because she had ariana and she didn't need anyone else.

   after a long talk with their managers, the plan for the song was that it would be released and listed as y/n's song, and lara would be a feature on it. both managers thought it would bring lara more attention if it was brought more to y/n's large fan base. neither of the girls had a problem either, lara even agreeing that it would definitely be better that way.

   lara only had a small part in the song, but she had such a great voice that y/n didn't think it mattered. lara didn't mind, again. she thought that her lyrics were so great that she didn't care how much time she got, she was just grateful to be on the track.

   the song was to be released with y/n's new album, that had gotten pushed back by multiple months due to complications. it was supposed to be released months ago, but some producer mixed up her shit and fucked it all up.

   but, y/n made it up to her fans by promising two bonus tracks: one with lara and one that she had been meaning to release for awhile, but just didn't know when to do so.

   the fans were happy with that, so it blew over pretty quickly.

   the album, plus lara's feature song and the other, was set to be out in a month. that gave y/n and lara a few weeks to finish, which they probably didn't even need. they worked well together and got their shit done, even if they horsed around the whole time too.

   they had become friends quickly, relating to each other on a lot of things. y/n liked that it was easy to talk to lara and that the girl was never so serious. lara had dance breaks if she got too tired and made y/n join, which made y/n be forced to get out of her comfort zone.

   but she didn't mind. it was nice to be comfortable around someone and not have to worry so much about embarrassing herself. yes, she could be like that with ariana, but it was different with lara because she doesn't like her like she does ariana. with ariana, she worries about fucking up and making the girl want to ditch her. but lara was just her friend that she didn't have feelings for, so she was less worried about embarrassing herself.

   lara only found out about ariana a week into working together because y/n can't stop talking about her for more than five seconds. she longed for something like that—where just the mention of someone's name makes your heart burst. y/n almost died every time ariana's name was mentioned and the biggest smile plastered on her face—lara wanted that with someone.

   lara immediately pulled back on her flirting when y/n subtly told her that she and ariana were in a relationship, and she felt like shit when she knew she was flirting with a taken woman. she apologized profusely, which y/n thought was hilarious and told her she was okay.