twenty

ariana had just finished fixing up her hair when the doorbell rang.

   her face immediately went from focused to happy, her teeth shining as she smiled brightly. she grabbed her lipgloss and placed it into the pocket of her dress, running out of her room and down the stairs.

   when ariana swung the door open, her heart couldn't help but flutter as she saw y/n standing before her, a single rose sitting in her hand. y/n looked at the girl with a soft smile, her cheeks heating as she examined ariana's outfit.

   it wasn't anything crazy, since y/n had texted ariana to dress as nice as she wanted but to make sure she was comfortable. ariana wore a black flow-y dress that stopped at her mid-thigh. ariana's favorite thing about the dress was that it had pockets that were actually usable.

   ariana leaned herself against the door as she admired the person who would soon be taking her out soon. y/n wore more than she usually would, even if this still wasn't much, dressed in a pair black jeans and a black knitted sweater.

   y/n cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck as she suddenly became shy. "u-uh, you look really pretty." 

   ariana giggled as she grabbed y/n's arm, leading her into her home and shutting the door behind her. "thank you," she replied, standing taller on her toes to kiss her cheek. "you look prettier though."

   y/n blushed as she groaned in embarrassment, covering her face with her hand. "stooop," she whined, making ariana laugh and pull her hand away.

"you're so cute," ariana muttered under her breath. "let me get my shoes and i'll be right out, okay?" she already began walking away to go back to her room, causing y/n to just silently nod.

   y/n wiped her hands on her jeans as they began to sweat, her nerves rising by the minute. she fiddled with the rose in her hand, hoping that ariana would like it and hoping that she got the right flower.

   ariana was back just two minutes later with her short heels on and a wide smile. "okay! i'm ready!" she spoke, stopping in front of y/n who just stood there wide eyed. ariana frowned and snapped in front of y/n's face. "hey, are you okay? if you don't feel well we don't have to go anywhere."

   y/n shook her head quickly, her blush deepening. "no, no! i feel great! i'm just...nervous, i guess." she let out a breathy laugh, glancing down at the rose that she hadn't even mentioned to the girl. "oh, this is for you."

   y/n held the rose up to her making ariana giggle as she took it slowly. "you don't have to be nervous, it's okay. but thank you, it's beautiful." ariana smiled softly as she daintily placed the rose on the small table by the door, sitting it next to the photo of toulouse.

   y/n let out a deep breath, holding her hand out to ariana. ariana took it with a thankful smile as she opened the front door with her free hand and lead y/n out of the house.

——

"y/n!" ariana whined loudly as she clutched onto y/n's arm. "where are we?!"

y/n had blindfolded ariana the second they were in the car, not even giving ariana a warning before she announced she was putting it on and then did exactly that.

ariana sat in darkness for thirty minutes while y/n drove, nagging her the entire time. she nagged so much that y/n almost took the blindfold off of ariana's eyes, but she wanted the woman to be surprised, so she held on to the little sanity she had left.

y/n laughed as ariana held her tighter, yelping as a twig snapped under her short heel. "stop laughing! it's not funny!" ariana cried again, slapping y/n's arm that she held onto.