fifteen

luckily the airbnb we had booked was only fifteen minutes away from the school, so we arrived in about thirty since i wanted to stop for flowers to give to the actress of belle. there were only a few cars in the large parking lot, probably owned by the cast and their families.

   i parked somewhere near the doors before quickly getting out, jogging to ariana's side. i opened the door for her and grabbed her hand to help her out. she smiled up at me before kissing my cheek, shutting her door behind her.

   i smiled back as i fished for my phone with my free hand, holding the flowers in the crook of my elbow. "let me text mr. martin super quick and let him know we're here." i muttered as i typed a quick message. "okay, let's go."

   ariana leaned into me as i wrapped my arm around her shoulders and led us to the main doors. walking in, i was immediately hit with a wave of nostalgia, all of the good memories from my last two years of high school rushing through my head.

   "oh my god, it even smells the same." i groaned, scrunching my nose. ariana giggled as she sniffed the air, her face morphing slightly.

   "smells like teenagers." she faked gagged, rolling her brown eyes. "you know, the ones that don't know what showers are."

   my phone pinged before i even got to respond, showing off mr. martin's reply. he said that they were in the theatre room to relax for a little before the show. i slid my phone back into my pocket and looked down at ariana.

   "are you gonna come with me to see them? they'll probably piss themselves if ariana grande came to see their show." ariana blushed as she grabbed my hand and held it tightly.

   "of course i wanna go. what the hell else am i supposed to do?" she teased, standing on her toes to peck my lips. i gently held her hips as she pulled away, pulling her into a brief hug.

   i kissed the top of her head before pulling away again, grabbing her hand. i walked to the hallway that led to the theatre room, glancing around at the walls to see how much, or how little, had changed.

   we crossed the halfway point in the long hallway, making me laugh and look over at my girlfriend. "i broke my nose right here." i stopped walking and looked down at the floors, tapping my foot on it.

   ariana laughed, looking up at me. "you've never told me about that! how did that even happen?"

   "miles and i were running away from daisy and this girl that he was dating at the time because miles stole her lunch or some shit. he was ahead of me and his dumbass trips over his own feet, making me slam into him and smack my fucking nose on the floor."

   i shrugged, chuckling a little as i thought about that day. luckily no one was in the hall, and when daisy and miles's girl rounded the corner, all they could see was me rolling around on the floor as i held my gushing nose. miles was too busy laughing his ass off to help me.

   ariana laughed at me as she reached up, feeling on my nose. "welp, your nose looks fine so who cares." she shrugged her shoulders as her hands went up. i gasped, holding my heart.

   "meanie," i mumbled, grabbing her hand again and leading us further down the hall. we soon made it to the double doors of the room and i looked back at ariana to make sure she was ready.

   she nodded in response and i smiled back, turning to the door. i could hear the muffled voices of the cast as they spoke to each other, and mr. martin's suddenly boomed over everyone else's.

   "okay, okay! our guests are going to be arriving soon, so please, children, settle it down a bit. and stop tugging at the cos—" i decided to cut him off from his upcoming rambling to save myself and the kids with a loud knock on one of the doors.