seven

y/n's pov (first time bitches 😩😝)

february 7

"this isn't working anymore."

i must've laid there for five minutes. five minutes with my arm still tightly strapped around her waist, my eyes wide and heavy with tears. ariana was breathing shakily as we laid there together.

my hand slowly dragged against her stomach as i pulled away, laying on my back as i stared up at the ceiling.

we were fine when i left. our anniversary was only a few months ago. we had talked about marriage on christmas day. i mentioned kids on new years. we decided that we wanted at least two that night.

we wanted two dogs and two cats, maybe even a fish or a turtle. she wanted to live in one of those perfect, suburban neighborhoods in my hometown where we would live together for the rest of our lives. she wanted a pool and a trampoline, and a big backyard where we could throw birthday parties for the kids. she wanted to retire after her first pregnancy and become a stay at home mom while i would still work to keep us supported.

we were just fine when i left.

did i do something? did i say something hurtful? was i not paying enough attention? was i not good enough for her anymore? was she bored? was there someone else?

there had to be something, because we were just fine when i left.

ariana shuffled, the sound of the covers ruffling breaking me out of the trance i was in. i sat up in bed before i swung my legs over the side, pushing myself up. i walked over to the light switch and flipped it on, the bright lights not even shocking me like it usually would.

"what the hell are you taking about?" i asked, crossing my arms over my chest as i walked back to the bed, standing at the foot. ariana didn't move an inch as she stayed there, just laying in bed.

my anger rose as i kicked the end of the bed with my foot. "sit up and fucking talk to me! don't lay there like a coward like you didn't just say that to me!"

ariana jumped but she slowly sat up, her arms hugging her stomach and she didn't even dare to look at me. "is this a fucking joke? because if it is, this isn't funny ariana." jesus, i could feel myself start to cry already.

ariana licked her lips, one of her hands leaving her stomach to pluck at a loose string on the covers. "i-it's not a joke. i-i'm just tired, y/n. i'm tired of doing this and-" she paused, running her hands down her face.

"tired of what, ariana? don't go quiet right now!" she took me by surprise as she shot out of bed, her skin turning red as she got worked up.

"i'm so fucking tired of competing, y/n!" she yelled, her arms throwing out to her sides. i stitched my eyebrows together, the confusion twisting and knotting in my head.

"competing? competing with who, ariana? who the fuck have you even seen me with? can you answer me that? can you?" i yelled back, a tear falling down my cheek as my arms fell from my chest.

ariana had started to cry with me, her chest rising and falling rapidly. "all of these girls, y/n! these girls that you say you aren't interested in, but i see the way you look at them and the way you act around them! i feel like i'm fighting for your attention now, especially since you left!"

i laughed sarcastically, pushing my hair back with my palms. "i don't know what the fuck you're talking about! i have not looked at one other girl the entire time we've been together! i'm fucking in love with you, ariana, and i'm not going to throw that away for some instagram model!