thirty one

1 month later

"baby! vic invited us to go out tonight! are you down or no?" ariana called out from the couch. she was still dressed in her pajamas from the night before, even if it was already six.

y/n was busying herself with new music in her home studio, her nose shoved into her book when she wasn't playing random keys on her guitar. she closed her book once ariana called out for her, walking into her living room.

"do you wanna go? if you go i will." she shrugged, taking a seat beside her and pulling ariana into her side. ariana cuddled into her.

"i wanna go. that's okay, right?" she worriedly asked. y/n laughed, kissing ariana's head. "of course it's alright, gorgeous. what time are we meeting up?"

ariana smiled, turning back to her phone to text victoria. "vic and courtney said nine. so in a few hours." she said, not taking her eyes off her screen.

y/n nodded, kissing ariana's head again before she stood up. "cool. imma get a few more hours in before we go. i love you."

ariana smiled. "i love you too."

--

ariana was kind of rushing as she was finishing her makeup. she quickly applied her blush and lipgloss before swiping on some eyeliner, and she was finally finished.

she grabbed her dangly earrings and pierced them through her ears before fixing her hair over her shoulders.

y/n was still finishing up in the bathroom, just finishing brushing her teeth again. she rinsed her mouth with the mouthwash before she spat it out, patting her mouth dry with a towel.

"ight, i'm ready." she said as she walked back into the bedroom where ariana sat, slipping on her heels.

ariana looked up as y/n walked to their closet, pulling out her own shoes and bending down to put them on. her breath caught in her throat as she looked her up and down.

"uh, where do you think you're going dressed like that?" ariana smirked, standing up from the bed and approaching y/n.

y/n frowned as she stood up straight, looking down at her outfit. "w-what? is it bad? should i change?" she asked, already pulling at the belt around her waist.

ariana threw her hands forward, shaking her head. "no, don't change you idiot!" she laughed, buckling y/n's belt back up. "i've just never seen you in something like this, and i know damn well that the other girls at this club aren't going to take their eyes off of you."

y/n blushed, glancing down at her feet. "oh. s-so i shouldn't change, right?"

ariana giggled, standing on her toes to press her lips to y/n's. "i don't know how you can look like this and still act like that. let's go," she shook her head as she laughed, pulling her out of the bedroom as she grabbed her purse.

--

"ahh, ari!" courtney squealed as the couple had finally arrived at the club. the girls and the rest of their friends had already reserved a vip table, so the two of them just had to find where they were sat.

y/n stood to the side a bit awkwardly as ariana hugged all of her friends excitedly. "guys, this is y/n, my girlfriend." ariana smiled, grabbing y/n's hand.

y/n gave a shy wave and a smile as everyone greeted her. ariana pulled her to the booth and slid in, y/n ending up on the very outside. ariana immediately indulged in a conversation with her friends, leaving y/n sitting awkwardly by herself.

no one made an effort to involve her in the conversation, but y/n couldn't blame them. none of them really knew her and she just randomly comes with ariana as her girlfriend, so it's probably going to be a little weird.