fifteen

2 months later

y/n huffed as she entered the room, her hands dragging over her face in distress. "oh my god, ariana i'm freaking the fuck out!" she groaned, her eyes squeezing shut.

ariana, who was already in her dress, had her hair and makeup done, looked over at her as she touched up her lipstick in the mirror. "it's alright, y/n/n. you'll do great, i promise you," she giggled, looking back to the mirror.

y/n walked up behind her, her dress shoes clicking against the floor. "what if i mess up?" she whined like a child, her lips pouting as she leaned her chin on ariana's shoulder. "and then everyone on twitter will make fun of me," she shivered at the slight thought.

ariana laughed as she turned around in y/n's arms, wrapping her into a hug. "you'll be fine. and i'll be right with you the whole time," she comforted y/n as the taller woman melted into her arms, ariana's words making her less nervous.

she nodded with a sigh, pulling away slowly. "you're right. i'm gonna go call lexa really quick, okay?" y/n bit her lip, sliding her phone out of the pocket of her pants.

ariana's reassuring smile dropped as y/n reminded her of alexa. the two had become so much closer ever since y/n took her out to dinner the night after her and ariana's almost kiss. they haven't put a label on it or anything, but neither of them were seeing anyone else except each other.

y/n walked away as she clicked on alexa's contact, her smile growing miles as she answered with a little groan. "y/n/n?" she whispered, wiping the tiredness out of her eyes as she awoke from her nap.

y/n grimaced, knowing she had accidentally woken her up. "shit, i'm sorry! did i wake you up?" she apologized, leaning her back against the doorframe, unaware of ariana's lingering eyes.

the pop star licked her lips as she looked the other up and down, the butterflies erupting in her stomach. ariana frowned as y/n only smiled bigger, her pointer finger twirling the tie around as she giggled over the phone.

her relationship with dalton was going well; or at least dalton thought it was. he decided by himself that they would start having dinner together every friday—no excuses. ariana dreaded it every time, having to sit and listen to dalton blab about his boring job for two hours tired her.

ariana was miserable in her relationship while y/n was living her fucking life. y/n was so happy with alexa, and she made sure to tell ariana about it. she gushed about the blonde to ariana every time they saw each other, and ariana had to sit there wishing that y/n was talking about her instead.

but she liked that y/n was happy, even if it wasn't with her. y/n had been in a huge slump since daisy left her, crying to ariana a few times because of it. ariana felt deeply for her, and if someone else made her happy, then so be it.

ariana turned away with a loud sigh, walking over to her heels. she bent down as she buckled the straps around her ankles, smoothing out the fabric of her long, tight dress as she stood back up.

still over at the door, y/n glanced up at the woman. her cheeks heated up as she swallowed thickly, looking back to the floor with wide eyes. "y/n? babe, you okay?" alexa questioned over the phone, snapping y/n out of her thoughts.

she shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut to control whatever was happening in her brain. "yes, yeah! i'm okay," she awkwardly laughed to herself. "we have to go, though. you'll watch, right? and you'll come to ari's party afterwards?"

alexa giggled over the phone, her cheeks bright. "yes, casanova. i'll be watching and i'll be there just like i promised." y/n smiled at the nickname, "good. i really want you to meet everyone."