six

ariana groaned to herself, resting her head against her steering wheel as she sat outside of her house. dalton was just right inside, and once ariana entered the home, all hell would break loose. she didn't feel like arguing with him tonight, especially after she had enjoyed her time with y/n.

   she pushed the door open with a sigh, trudging her feet along as she walked towards her front door. grabbing her keys from her pocket, she shoved it into the keyhole and opened the front door of her home.

   all of the lights were still on in the house as ariana entered. she bent down and took of her shoes, hooking her fingers in them as she walked down the halls with them in her hand.

   ariana walked into the living room and mentally prepared herself as she saw the back of her fiancé's head. dalton was sitting on the couch with a glass in his hand, mumbling random shit to himself.

   ariana stepped on a creaky floorboard, alerting dalton as he whipped his head around. he stood up immediately, placing his glass down on the coffee table. "you're home," he spoke, running a hand through his short hair.

   "mh-hm," ariana hummed, walking towards dalton. "just like you ordered me to." she gave him a sarcastic smile, dropping her shoes on the floor and crossing her arms on her chest in front of him. 

   dalton rolled his eyes, his hand dragging down his face. "i did not order you to come home, ariana. i just wanted you to come home so we could talk," he closed his eyes, speaking slowly so his anger didn't bubble up.

   ariana giggled to herself. "talk about what, exactly. i was having a good time with a friend, and you call with your jealous ass and ruin my night!" ariana could feel her anger rising as she squinted her eyes at the man. "i swear, i can't hang out with anyone without you getting pissed at me."

   dalton scoffed at his fiancée, walking backwards as he locked his hands behind his head. "i'm not fucking jealous, ariana! i just don't understand why you're out having the time of your life when you said you wanted nothing to do with her!"

   "dalton, what the fuck dude! i am engaged to you, y/n is engaged to her fiancée! she is deeply in love with daisy and she has been since they began dating. y/n isn't like that; she isn't interested in me." ariana fought back, sitting herself down on the couch with her head in her hands.

   "that might be her, but what about you?" dalton crossed his arms over his chest, a frown deep-set on his lips. ariana opened her eyes, staring down at the floor as she kept her cheeks in her palms.

   "ariana. what about you?!" dalton repeated, raising his voice again.

   ariana shook her head furiously, standing up forcefully. "no, no, dalton! fucking stop! i'm not interested in y/n, either!" she didn't know if she was being completely truthful, but dalton was on her fucking case and she was tired of it.

   "alright, then prove it," he was awkwardly calm as he spoke quietly. the two stared each other down before dalton backed away, heading up the stairs to enter their shared room.

——

   y/n turned around, leaning her forehead on the door as she shut it closed. she let out a loud sigh, closing her eyes as she took in the peace and quiet of her and daisy's shared house.

   "y/n?" daisy whispered, wrapping her arms tighter around her body as she squinted in the darkness. y/n raised her head at the sound of her voice, turning back around so she could meet daisy's eyes at the end of the hallway.

   "hi," y/n whispered back, taking a few steps forward so she could meet daisy halfway. daisy gave her a small smile, making her way towards y/n with her arms wide open.